All-Star Varsity Bought American Cheerleader Magazine?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheersafety said:
Anyone else heard? Or has ACM announced it yet?

I heard last night. Apparently the entire staff was laid off yesterday.

This does NOT paint a picture of the entire staff being laid off...

That is not the picture they would paint - even if it were true.

Question becomes - what is the point where people become concerned enough about Varsity's reach and expansion that they begin to take their business elsewhere? I'm sure many are past that point already.

Yeah...the unemployment rose last night. Not something you would put in a press release like that though lol

"Moving ahead, American Cheerleader will be produced by Justeen, LLC, publishers of Justine® magazine, the national “real-girl” lifestyle magazine for teen girls which fosters self-esteem through fun, positive and empowering content. Justine is also a national media sponsor for the Girl Scouts of the USA 100th Anniversary and its “Year of the Girl” initiative."

Wow, way to further alienate an entire section of the cheer industry...Poor male cheerleaders get no love sometimes...

Yeah...the unemployment rose last night. Not something you would put in a press release like that though lol

Of course its not something you'd put in a press release but it does specifically mention in the release "Marisa Walker, Editor-In-Chief for nearly the last five years, who will remain on staff"

You could be right,obviously there's no way I'd have any idea but I'd be curious who your source is, b/c to make a blanket statement that the "entire staff" was laid off could be completely false and potentially the start of another extremely unnecessary false rumor mill...

Of course its not something you'd put in a press release but it does specifically mention in the release "Marisa Walker, Editor-In-Chief for nearly the last five years, who will remain on staff"

You could be right,obviously there's no way I'd have any idea but I'd be curious who your source is, b/c to make a blanket statement that the "entire staff" was laid off could be completely false and potentially the start of another extremely unnecessary false rumor mill...

A friend who was on staff till last night.

Has anyone heard anything about Herff Jones and Varsity's future plans starting June 1st?

What sucks is that not only is the economy in the toilet, but finding jobs in publishing is even harder. AC HQ is in Manhattan, rent prices are through the roof there. I hope they all got a nice severance package so they can have some time to find another job.

In politics people complain all the time that the Government controls the media....well, now Varsity controls the media. So no one buy AC anymore, stick with Inside Cheer and The Cheerleader Mag.

Back