All-Star Varsity Bought American Cheerleader Magazine?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Spirit Brands gives out US Finals bids....so even though they are independent, there's a loose affiliation with JamBrands.

I only commented on the ones that I've worked with.

I understand I was just stating that factually the number of brands that make up Varsity and jambrands is significantly less than what makes up the Independent Brands. I completely agree that Varsity and jambrands have the more prestigious brands but as far as the industry is concerned the IEP's are the largest group...

I understand I was just stating that factually the number of brands that make up Varsity and jambrands is significantly less than what makes up the Independent Brands. I completely agree that Varsity and jambrands have the more prestigious brands but as far as the industry is concerned the IEP's are the largest group...

Right, there are more IEPs out there. However, if you look at the size of the events being held by IEPs vs those being held by Varsity there is a difference. Also Varsity now has a choker hold on uniforms and now a magazine-something that the IEPs don't have.

I'm wondering how Varsity is going to handle advertising in AC now. If they sell ad space to IEPs they're going to make the advertising money, but risk losing registration fees. However, if they don't have IEPs advertising in their magazine, will they be able to keep the magazine a float? Magazines make money from selling ad space, not from subscriptions.

Right, there are more IEPs out there. However, if you look at the size of the events being held by IEPs vs those being held by Varsity there is a difference. Also Varsity now has a choker hold on uniforms and now a magazine-something that the IEPs don't have.

I'm wondering how Varsity is going to handle advertising in AC now. If they sell ad space to IEPs they're going to make the advertising money, but risk losing registration fees. However, if they don't have IEPs advertising in their magazine, will they be able to keep the magazine a float? Magazines make money from selling ad space, not from subscriptions.

your guess is as good as mine on all those questions...

Back