All-Star Varsity - "the Summit"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can they really provide production that out does their World Bid events? They dont do that for Worlds, whats gonna be be different and why not start making the Worlds production better?
That was my first thought. Maybe a better use of resources is fixing existing problems rather than trying to duplicate the same event! Personally I think the idea is kind of silly, and not well thought out. But if there were glimmer of hope I'd have for it to be a major success, is that USASF/Varsity could now fulfill their contract for Worlds with an equally successful event, and finally move Worlds elsewhere!

This is replacing All Levels. Summit is Varsity and I believe that US Finals is Jam Brands primarily.

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing - it will probably be a destination for smaller gyms that don't have a level 5 team. But I don't see how it will work out for the big gyms to have to do two weekends in a row.
And that's kind of the beauty of it. Varsity isn't looking for the bigger gyms to attend because they might see UCA as their end of the year event which is fine. This is a draw for the gyms who have no level 5 team or they have a great restricted level 5.

And that's kind of the beauty of it. Varsity isn't looking for the bigger gyms to attend because they might see UCA as their end of the year event which is fine. This is a draw for the gyms who have no level 5 team or they have a great restricted level 5.

It makes sense, but realistically how many of those gyms are going to get the bids? The big gyms tend to dominate in the lower divisions as well. So the only way those smaller gyms will get the bids will be hand me downs from the bigger gyms that don't want to go.

Maybe just maybe ....
They are planning on moving regular worlds because of the over crowding problem and the only way Disney will let them out of their contract was if they add another disney event to take its place.

When this happens Im going to say I told y'all so!

Still have the problem of two trips and but now two locales within the span of two weeks. For many this is not logistically or financially feasible. Like someone mentioned above it takes the shine off of worlds.

It makes sense, but realistically how many of those gyms are going to get the bids? The big gyms tend to dominate in the lower divisions as well. So the only way those smaller gyms will get the bids will be hand me downs from the bigger gyms that don't want to go.

Enter sandbagging.

Now gyms will put together that powerhouse level 2 team made of level 3,4,5 athletes to get a bid to the summit.

With all the divisions, levels, sizes, restrictions that exist, there will be sandbagging at competitions regardless. Doesn't matter which one, it will happen. Which is unfortunate but thats how the industry functions

Just a thought . . . . Ive seen many people reply with Varsity throws information out of the blue when programs already have had tryouts, and it might affect them for the new season.

Are programs having try outs way to early? Ive seen some programs advertise that they are having tryouts a week after worlds.

Just a thought . . . . Ive seen many people reply with Varsity throws information out of the blue when programs already have had tryouts, and it might affect them for the new season.

Are programs having try outs way to early? Ive seen some programs advertise that they are having tryouts a week after worlds.
I don't think so. I think we do ours like just about eye one else. Worlds ends your season, a week or two of tumbling clinics, evaluations in early may, team placements by mid may and you're off to the races by the middle to the end of may. That seems to be what everyone does and if you miss too much summer conditioning, tumbling and training, you'll end up at a competitive disadvantage to the ones that have been kicking it in the teeth all summer.

It's not like there's an off season for cheer, so the next one basically starts when the last one ends, and for us thats at worlds.

ETA: and most EPs have their schedules up well before worlds for the following season.

We have ours mid April. But our last competition is UCA in March.

I don't agree with this at all, there are a ton of 'smaller' gyms that have super strong Senior 4 teams cause that is their highest level in their gym and some level 5 kids are on it cause they just love their team and gym and don't want to leave for a bigger gym. There are also a ton of great programs that are small.

I don't agree with this at all, there are a ton of 'smaller' gyms that have super strong Senior 4 teams cause that is their highest level in their gym and some level 5 kids are on it cause they just love their team and gym and don't want to leave for a bigger gym. There are also a ton of great programs that are small.

I didn't mean to imply that there weren't any talented gyms with no level 5 team - I said tend to, not always do. But I would guess that the majority of the gyms that receive bids are going to bigger gyms that have worlds teams. You're going to end up with a lot of 3rd or 4th place teams getting bids because the top teams pre-declined their bids.

Is Cheersport giving bids to the Summit?

Our tryouts were mid April and we have been practicing ever since. I do not wish to go to a competition in may.
Btw our teams are already looking fierce, they are doing harder stunts that are more difficult then the ones my daughter competed all last season in the same division and level!

I'd be open to a competition the first week of April but that's it! I get way to excited for the next season come march! Lol

I didn't mean to imply that there weren't any talented gyms with no level 5 team - I said tend to, not always do. But I would guess that the majority of the gyms that receive bids are going to bigger gyms that have worlds teams. You're going to end up with a lot of 3rd or 4th place teams getting bids because the top teams pre-declined their bids.

I guess I don't see what you are saying, are you saying that big name gyms with Level 5 worlds teams will not attend the Summit, I actually think they would because they have a bigger staff to pull from so the staff does not have to be in orlando for two weeks . =)

Back