All-Star Varsity - "the Summit"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe just maybe ....
They are planning on moving regular worlds because of the over crowding problem and the only way Disney will let them out of their contract was if they add another disney event to take its place.

When this happens Im going to say I told y'all so!
I can totally see this, but they should've alluded to that in some manner before people are setting their schedules. The thing that really bugs me about this is that its a another surprise move by varsity that seemed to come out of no where. If they're going to suddenly announce a venue change for worlds (which is possible) that makes this make more sense, they should've waited and thrown that one punch all together.

I think get one thing right before you spend time trying to do something else. Worlds was a mess an instead having your "focus group" fix that!!! You used the time to make an even bigger problem... No bueno

I don't blame competition companies- this is their job, it's what they're made to do. They are trying to come up with a product (the competition) that will attract people and stand out to coaches and owners. It's their job to hype their events and come up with new and different ways to stand out. I think this is why the JamLIVE event near us has probably doubled in size in the past 2 years- live scoring, a red carpet, etc. It's a "different" feel for a competition, and our kids love it. I haven't attended a Cheerlebrity competition, but I am sure it has the same attraction.
I completely agree. Companies need to do something different to catch our eyes. We take our kids to JamLive every year too. Now the athletes love it, but the parents do not. I've heard from them that to drive up there for the performance and then live scoring just to go home if you're not the "winner" is a waste. I personally think it's a really great concept. The red carpet, the lights, the VIP area, etc.

I think get one thing right before you spend time trying to do something else. Worlds was a mess an instead having your "focus group" fix that!!! You used the time to make an even bigger problem... No bueno

They have an entire year to figure out the worlds situation for next year - and there's only so much they can do considering they probably can't move venues. They probably started planning/organizing before Worlds 2012, for one thing. This doesn't have to be an either/or and it completely distracts from the conversation to start throwing that around.

Plus technically this is Varsity and Worlds is USASF.

My questions is when are EP's going to stop trying to make all these competitions "the next best thing". We have NCA, then Worlds, then US Finals, then All Levels, now the Summit. All these events, including the Majors are just trying to out do each other each season. I feel it diminishes the 100 plus national events we already have in place. The more event producers try to make this "end of the season" FINALS event, the less 2 day events most gyms will attend during the regular competitive season. It will be to expensive for our customer base to attend, especially to attend Florida on an at large/partial paid bid.

Just my two cents..

It is an important point that all the EPs are creating what they want independently. There desperately needs to be single national competition system if the sport ever wants to have credibility.

The governing body needs to outline what it is and the EPs can all then create their competitions to fit in the system. It can be done easily if the leaders in the sport ever want to cooperate and make it happen.

They have an entire year to figure out the worlds situation for next year - and there's only so much they can do considering they probably can't move venues. They probably started planning/organizing before Worlds 2012, for one thing. This doesn't have to be an either/or and it completely distracts from the conversation to start throwing that around.

Plus technically this is Varsity and Worlds is USASF.

It just sounds silly to even see someone making that statement.

It just sounds silly to even see someone making that statement.

Well that's why I put technically in italics. Technically they are two separate things, so technically Varsity isn't responsible for the Worlds issue.

But we all know better.

Well that's why I put technically in italics. Technically they are two separate things, so technically Varsity isn't responsible for the Worlds issue.

But we all know better.

I know. I'm highlighting your italicization.

No, we won't.

Worlds is the end of the season for Cheer Extreme.

We will however support companies who come together to produce a legitimate, prestigious Regional Championship in each of the four regions of the country. I do not see the point in our athletes having to travel across the country at the National level when there is plenty of competition in each region at levels 1-4.

The longevity of our athletes in the sport should be paramount and this takes the shine off of Worlds in my opinion. If you attend and win "Worlds" at Disney at level 2 as an 8 year old why would you cheer for 8 more seasons?

I also think this will increase sandbagging across the board.

So.. is it common to give bids based on last years' teams? Did i read correctly that they preselected teams from past season to get first bids? Just seems kind of weird when in theory lower level teams may be significantly different this year?

Just feel that Worlds should be last . Worlds should be what everyone should be striving for, if you do not have a level 5 in your gym, well, isn't that what ALL Levels and US Finals was for. Yes there will be some gyms, even some athletes that will never be level 5, but just like there are some gymnasts that will never make it to the Olympics. Do we have an "Olympic Style" event for them

You are taking the shine off of what our athletes are working so hard for.

Just feel that Worlds should be last . Worlds should be what everyone should be striving for, if you do not have a level 5 in your gym, well, isn't that what ALL Levels and US Finals was for. Yes there will be some gyms, even some athletes that will never be level 5, but just like there are some gymnasts that will never make it to the Olympics. Do we have an "Olympic Style" event for them

You are taking the shine off of what our athletes are working so hard for.
The virtual championship took place after Worlds this year....

I'm with you on both of those points. I don't like the location of Disney. While yes, I think it's a great attraction for kids and yes, the kids would love to have the "worlds" experience of being there, I just don't think it's that's easy for parents and their wallets/time.

I guess they may have thought if you have multiple kids you could just stay in Disney the full week - but that's so much $$!!

I hope they re-think the location and the date....the rest of the concept is great for a true end of the year "finals."

Stay tuned....

If you have a worlds athlete it is almost two weeks. We live on the west coast, and though my daughter's team had a full paid bid we still had to arrive on Wed. I think it would be very difficult financially for parent and athletes that belong to gyms that are lets just say geographically undesirable. I really would not fly twice to Florida - let alone for working parents and the amount of time that would need to be taken off of work.

Back