All-Star Varsity - "the Summit"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay, i'm curious here. If the company is giving out 9 bids, and there are a ton of divisions, how do they pick? I'm unfamiliar with bids, since i'm level 2 and all....

In the end.... Everyone will get a bid and everyone will get to go if they want to. No worries. If your coach calls Varsity and tells them a gym from Washington state wants to attend their event, they'd probably create a bid for you.

While gymnastics is teaching girls that even if you're 5th of the top 24 overall you're still not good enough for finals if you're 3rd on your team. (I'm still in shock!) Cheer event producers are teaching our kids that everyone is a winner and anyone can be a "national champion"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will be our first year going to NCA Nationals in Dallas. We are out of Alabama and this was something they told us about. We are very excited. We normally do Jamfest Super, Cheersport, and WSA Grand National Events. NCA will be our first Varsity Nationals and the Summit sounds cool!

They were champions this year...why should the gym get a partial paid for next year's competition based on a team that no longer exists? The kids on whichever team the gym decides to take are benefitting from the work of kids that may not even be there. If my youth 4 team was the all-levels champion this year, I shouldn't have earned a bid for a season that hasn't happened yet.
Most of these gyms listed seem to have a history of all their teams on all levels doing extremly well during the season , i was on one of those teams and a handfull of us aged up and most are on the same team that won the partial, I can say that I think most these teams will do well and earn some type of better bid anyways if not a patial.

We really want to switch to the Summit over US Finals, but it's going to be a hard one for our gym as we have a large hip hop program and from what I can tell, The Summit does not offer anything for dance. That's a big down fall for us as we cross over the majority of our dance program and to have to have those kids attend another year end comp would be a battle.

I think this will be really hard for parents that have kids on 5 and on a lower level! I know in my school you can't miss more than 10 days a semester before you fail the class, so that's a lot of school to miss! Even if the experience is worth it. I honestly still think levels 1-4 should just keep working hard to get there level 5 skills and go to worlds with there level 5 teams and keep all-levels worlds with the rings
My CP's team won and still haven't received their rings......It gets increasingly difficult to support this event with each month that goes by that Varsity doesn't deliver on what they promised.:mad:

I think I like the concept of the Summit but in reality I think it will be very difficult to convince a lot of non worlds parents to pay for an unexpected trip to Florida to compete. Sorry but its true!

My CP's team won and still haven't received their rings......It gets increasingly difficult to support this event with each month that goes by that Varsity doesn't deliver on what they promised.:mad:

Sorry to see this! Can you please give me your team, division and contact information? I know the ring company had a back order, but I would be happy to find out additional information for you.

At THE SUMMIT, all rings will be sized at the event after each award ceremony and we will be going with a new ring producer so we can avoid this situation moving forward.

FIRST SUMMIT BIDS!!

Here are The Summit bid winners from the St Louis Athletic Championships event this past weekend:

Paid Bid:
Terre Haute All Star Cheer University Sm Sr 4

At Large Bids:
Southaven Wildcats Sm Youth 1
Terre Haute All Star Cheer University Sm Youth 2
Memphis Pride Sm Junior 3
Cheer Legendz Sr Restricted 5

Congrats to all of the teams!

The IALC is going away and is being replaced by "The Summit". Just as the Worlds concept, teams compete to gain a bid to compete against the highest caliber of athletes in Orlando. Varsity is still trying to work out the details to ensure that the athletes, parents & gyms get the same experience that they had at the Virtual Championship within this one location event.
Where does that put minis? Since no minis at the Summit - I mean I know there will be some gyms pushing there minis to youth then or parents pushing for that - whereas there are those of us who like keeping our minis age development wise with kids their same age and have gyms able to field some pretty fierce level 2 grand champion teams - would be pretty bad if a level 2 Mini or even 1 mini wins a grand champ and another team below them gets a bid because they are not minis.

Where does that put minis? Since no minis at the Summit - I mean I know there will be some gyms pushing there minis to youth then or parents pushing for that - whereas there are those of us who like keeping our minis age development wise with kids their same age and have gyms able to field some pretty fierce level 2 grand champion teams - would be pretty bad if a level 2 Mini or even 1 mini wins a grand champ and another team below them gets a bid because they are not minis.

Mini 2 can go.

Back