Vipers Cheer And Dance?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

NO, Tara might say that on the website, but it isnt True, RON started Twisters. Get your facts straight

Ron and Joan owned Twisters. Tara and True were athletes on their teams the first year, so they have been there from the start-but most certainly weren't the original owners.

Ron Levee started Maryland Twisters, contrary to what Tara says. After leaving Twisters, he established Baltimore Vipers in Joppa MD. In 2010 he acquired Cheer Dynasty's 2 gyms in Manassas VA and Ashburn VA. The entire program became Vipers Cheer and Dance with 22 teams in three gyms. Heard the rumor about Maryland Superstarz, too. Not sure if true, but word seems to be spreading quickly.

I am pretty sure Ron bought the Vipers from previous owners. He did buy Cheer Dynasty last August/September.

Has anyone heard of Vipers Cheer and Dance? They have just been bought by Ron the old owner of the Maryland Twisters. He bought them almost one year and a half ago. Since then he has also bought Dynasty and Maryland Superstars. So now Vipers has 4 cheer gyms and are starting to become very good. Has anyone seen them?

Actually just read something that stated Maryland Twisters and Maryland Superstarz have (or about to) merged.

Ron and Joan owned Twisters. Tara and True were athletes on their teams the first year, so they have been there from the start-but most certainly weren't the original owners.

This is so not even close to being true lol. If your going to tell it then know the actual facts and not what you've heard through the grapevine. Sadly Ron's only claim to fame is that he was allegedly once an the owner of Maryland Twisters and I can't believe that in 2011 this is even still being discussed when you can obviously look at the Twisters success and know that it wasn't Ron who created that. Here are the facts:

1st fact: Tara (born 1971) and True (born 1976) could not have possibly been MD Twisters athletes when the Twisters weren't even established until 1998 and they both were out of high school for years at that point.

2nd fact: Maryland Twisters was a non profit organization when it began so it wasn't owned by anyone. However what was owned by Joan was the facility they practiced in called "United Cheer and Tumble" which is no longer in business. None of the coaching staff was on payroll and in fact worked for free. United Cheer and Tumble offered tumbling services to the MD Twisters and was the gym they practiced in.

3rd fact: Maryland Twisters was founded by Tara, True, Angel, Ron and Joan. The facility and business that Maryland Twisters practiced in was sold to Tara by Joan after her split by Ron. The Maryland Twisters changed it's non-profit status and the business was reformed by Tara and Karla to now become what it is today.

4th fact: You can not take credit for coaching a team that you never coached or creating an imagine that you never created. The fact remains that the only people responsible for the rise of MD Twisters F5 is Tara, True, and Angel. Angel & True won the first national championship for MD Twisters in 2000 and Tara & True took to program to the next level winning 4 back to back NCA titles and the 2nd ever world championship.

Please ask yourself this question "If Maryland Twisters was owned by Ron why did he sell it to Tara if he took so much pride in owning it? Why would he give up this successful organization that was steadily growing year after year?" The answer to that question is because Joan owned it not Ron (although he may have given her the money to buy it) and secondly he wasn't a part of the creativity and coaching process which is what established Twisters as a powerhouse and is the foundation of any successful gym. Just because you have money and can buy multiple gyms does not make you a great coach or mean that you have the formula to success. The ability to be creative, set trends, and push your athletes to constantly set the bar high is what makes you a success. That credit my friends is due to Tara. PERIOD!

I never heard of Ron buying the superstarz, but ive heard that he bought the maryland marlins.

I've heard this rumor as well, from pretty reliable sources. Apparently their announcing the merger at worlds. As far as the Maryland Superstarz, I had heard rumors he was going to buy the gym so the merger with Twisters was a big surprise to me. Does anyone know if there are two gyms with the name Superstarz?

I've heard this rumor as well, from pretty reliable sources. Apparently their announcing the merger at worlds. As far as the Maryland Superstarz, I had heard rumors he was going to buy the gym so the merger with Twisters was a big surprise to me. Does anyone know if there are two gyms with the name Superstarz?

Nope. Unfortunately there is only one Maryland Superstarz and they have officially merged with Maryland Twisters. As for the Marlins I heard that he bought them as well just not sure how true it is. I wouldn't be surprised though lol.

The Vipers and Superstarz coaches had visited each other's gyms and seemed on that path.

I've also heard the Vipers/Marlins rumors, as well as the Superstarz rumors before that. Whether the Vipers/Superstarz was something that was considered, or just something made up, it no longer matters now that Twisters/Superstarz are merging. As far as Vipers/Marlins, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Marlins and Vipers can't merge....ugliest mascot ever! The Snakehead fish!

8420861-snakehead-is-a-ferocious-fish-isolated-on-white.jpg

If Marlins WERE to become a part of Vipers (who knows if they are or not), I highly doubt that they would merge. Ron seems to do things in a big way. I feel like he'd just buy them out like he has all the other gyms.

retiredl5cheer said:
If Marlins WERE to become a part of Vipers (who knows if they are or not), I highly doubt that they would merge. Ron seems to do things in a big way. I feel like he'd just buy them out like he has all the other gyms.

Agreed!!

Back