All-Star Vote For Olympic Cheerleading Squad!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

VOTE VOTE VOTE! VOTE for unity, north london wildcats and lincoln jets arrows! They are the allstar teams that are closest to beating the NFL style cheerios!

The page says the nominations are closed and that they'll select the top 5 teams based on skills and votes, so I think Unity has a good shot of making it on that criteria. Then we can really start a voting drive!

It's worth pointing out that while we would love to see an all-star team chosen for this, the winning team actually will be cheering on the sidelines. I'd love to see Unity win, but do they have any sideline experience? I'm sure they can put together a college of sideline cheers if some of them cheer/ed for school.

It's worth pointing out that while we would love to see an all-star team chosen for this, the winning team actually will be cheering on the sidelines. I'd love to see Unity win, but do they have any sideline experience? I'm sure they can put together a college of sideline cheers if some of them cheer/ed for school.
Not many cheerleaders in the UK can cheer. Uni teams generally cheer for American football/Basketball but even then most won't have proper cheers or experience in front of a large crowd.

The fact of the matter is that this is not a competition for what team can be the best allstar cheerleading team, and it's not something that's going to make the Olympic Committee want allstar cheerleading in the Olympics, this vote is about a team going and cheering FOR the athletes. The best pick for this specific situation isn't an allstar cheerleading squad.

I think the issue for British cheerleaders is that the team with the most likes on FB was a 'dance' team from a football team. Most don't want to be represented as girls in short skirts doing very basic pom dance at best.
Personally, and I say this as a very proud British cheerleader, I don't understand why Team GB needs a cheerleading team. It isn't a British thing and surely in a year where we've had our Britishness forced down our throats, cheerleaders wouldn't be a traditional choice. JMHO and I assume other people will disagree with me.

I think the issue for British cheerleaders is that the team with the most likes on FB was a 'dance' team from a football team. Most don't want to be represented as girls in short skirts doing very basic pom dance at best.
Personally, and I say this as a very proud British cheerleader, I don't understand why Team GB needs a cheerleading team. It isn't a British thing and surely in a year where we've had our Britishness forced down our throats, cheerleaders wouldn't be a traditional choice. JMHO and I assume other people will disagree with me.

I understand your point but at the same time, British cheerleaders need to understand the point I made. This has NOTHING to do with competitive cheerleading. This is 100% about a sideline cheerleading team, and none of the competitive teams that were on there/are on there still are as good for that as the dance teams.

I understand your point but at the same time, British cheerleaders need to understand the point I made. This has NOTHING to do with competitive cheerleading. This is 100% about a sideline cheerleading team, and none of the competitive teams that were on there/are on there still are as good for that as the dance teams.
I agree. I posted above that barely any cheerleaders in the UK would understand sideline cheerleading. I think the dance teams might understand performing for large crowds but I doubt most stand on the sidelines and cheer. Uni teams might be better as they usually form as a way to cheer on teams. But sideline cheerleading is little understood in the UK. I used to love it but if I suggested it to my all star team now they'd balk at the idea of standing around shouting cheers and watching another sport. Cheerleading hasn't really developed from the same place as the US so cheerleaders over here don't get the whole cheer-leading thing.
My issue isn't with the whole dance v all star, it's the type of girls that the dance (mainly one team) appear to be.

Back