All-Star Was Large Senior Realllllly Dying?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think you will see 3 divisions with 25+ teams at worlds next year. Large with the fewest, unlimited second fewest, and medium with the third fewest. I think IOC5 (if they adopt my idea of emerging countries, I did send the email to Les, Steve, and Jim!) will grow a lot.

Probably. Just as long as there is SE, SS and F5 in Large, enough for medals, we'll fight it out (to all our friends at gyms like TG, ACE, Cali, RAYS, UA, SOT, and etc, come on down). NOTICE: Everyone wanting to come to Large All Girl is more than welcome. We need teams so Kingston won't pull the plug in the ICU. WE DO NOT HAVE A LIVING WILL. FULL CODE BLUE.

Probably. Just as long as there is SE, SS and F5 in Large, enough for medals, we'll fight it out (to all our friends at gyms like TG, ACE, Cali, RAYS, UA, SOT, and etc, come on down). NOTICE: Everyone wanting to come to Large All Girl is more than welcome. We need teams so Kingston won't pull the plug in the ICU. WE DO NOT HAVE A LIVING WILL. FULL CODE BLUE.

Could always go with 30 and compete against a ton of people and win. Didn't know 6 extra people on the mat meant that much to you.

kingston said:
Could always go with 30 and compete against a ton of people and win. Didn't know 6 extra people on the mat meant that much to you.

Just tell me the rules and we will compete in whatever division, lol. I still wish it was 32!! Oh and by the way...I just bought forum runner for my IPhone and it's great!!

Just tell me the rules and we will compete in whatever division, lol. I still wish it was 32!! Oh and by the way...I just bought forum runner for my IPhone and it's great!!
Wait, they changed it again? Don't tell me teams can max out at only thirty cheerleaders..?!
And does that include level 5 also, or is level 5 still 36?

Wait, they changed it again? Don't tell me teams can max out at only thirty cheerleaders..?!
And does that include level 5 also, or is level 5 still 36?
Next season levels 1-4 are maxed at 30 but level 5 is keeping 36.

Wherever we are, we will be glad to compete against anybody. We are concerned only for our tiger cubs and promoting our feng shui to obtain our qi. 20 or 40, we are ready.

Wherever we are, we will be glad to compete against anybody. We are concerned only for our tiger cubs and promoting our feng shui to obtain our qi. 20 or 40, we are ready.

Which makes sense. You are willing where ever and whenever to compete against whoever. If we could just convince yall to jump to 30 and get EVERYONE in there the division could be bigger than the Beatles.

I really couldn't care less large went away, the big 3 jumped in what is currently called medium, and the placements didn't change one iota. What I would like is yall would be beating 20 teams instead of 7 for finals.

At what point does anyone go from being a stalwart to being stubborn?

I think if you take 50% to finals, and you can't have a top ten at Worlds because their aren't enough teams, nothing is really healthy about these divisions. You can't say you have a top ten in the World. Large limited is hanging by a thread, but will have a top 11. Unlimited will have a top 3, and thats it. Make day 2 and you medal.

Is this true? Are there that few of them?

Is this true? Are there that few of them?

According to our bid list there are just 6 with bids. If the USASF holds true then they should just take top 3. I could see them take exception and take all of them, but that would make Saturday absolutely pointless.

According to our bid list there are just 6 with bids. If the USASF holds true then they should just take top 3. I could see them take exception and take all of them, but that would make Saturday absolutely pointless.

So it's like IAG 6? So if I'm a gym owner why wouldn't I enter one of these divisions so I could almost assure my gym a medal? Well, I guess it would require enough boys. But I guess I'm confused why everyone is all up in arms about teams competing late in the season for bids (which I'm totally confused about--why WOULDN'T a team compete in Feb. and March??? I don't know that I'd call that bid chasing as much as completing a season) Why aren't people upset about the divisions being so uneven?

Not uneven in general, just for Worlds--I know they're changing them for exactly this reason. But since every day I see people claiming that these teams are purposely competing at the end of the season hoping to grab a bid by default, why don't I see people bashing teams in these divisions claiming they're only in them because they know they'll medal automatically?

I'm just confused that if the general consensus is that teams are getting thrown together at the last minute to get bids, why don't people throw together teams in these dying divisions so they have a better chance at medaling?

So it's like IAG 6? So if I'm a gym owner why wouldn't I enter one of these divisions so I could almost assure my gym a medal? Well, I guess it would require enough boys. But I guess I'm confused why everyone is all up in arms about teams competing late in the season for bids (which I'm totally confused about--why WOULDN'T a team compete in Feb. and March??? I don't know that I'd call that bid chasing as much as completing a season) Why aren't people upset about the divisions being so uneven?

Not uneven in general, just for Worlds--I know they're changing them for exactly this reason. But since every day I see people claiming that these teams are purposely competing at the end of the season hoping to grab a bid by default, why don't I see people bashing teams in these divisions claiming they're only in them because they know they'll medal automatically?

I'm just confused that if the general consensus is that teams are getting thrown together at the last minute to get bids, why don't people throw together teams in these dying divisions so they have a better chance at medaling?

Oh the utter complications of Worlds. Why do people start stupid threads in the anonymous section or comments about the board about 'Who has the best Level 2 team int he country?!?!?!?!' That is a bigger mystery. But, I digress.

IO6 (and really IOC6) are badly drawn up. They 'SHOULD' be 20 people in size so lots of college teams can enter, and then give out automatic at large bids to the winners of college in UCA and NCA.

IO6 is really hard on girls because you no longer are putting up 12-14 year old small things. You actually have to put up flyers that have finished growing. Even though the stunts you are allowed to do are harder its a bit scarier to do rewinds and lots struggle with just straight ups. It needs to be changed to encourage already organized college teams to enter.

Oh the utter complications of Worlds. Why do people start stupid threads in the anonymous section or comments about the board about 'Who has the best Level 2 team int he country?!?!?!?!' That is a bigger mystery. But, I digress.

IO6 (and really IOC6) are badly drawn up. They 'SHOULD' be 20 people in size so lots of college teams can enter, and then give out automatic at large bids to the winners of college in UCA and NCA.

IO6 is really hard on girls because you no longer are putting up 12-14 year old small things. You actually have to put up flyers that have finished growing. Even though the stunts you are allowed to do are harder its a bit scarier to do rewinds and lots struggle with just straight ups. It needs to be changed to encourage already organized college teams to enter.

It is complicated! Jeez--sometimes I am so glad I am "just a mom". I'll have to watch and see how the division changes work out next year. By the time my little one is old enough to even think about Worlds it'll be interesting to see what the divisions are.

And as for the first part (bold)--Touche. I often wonder the same thing...:)

Back