All-Star Washing Gk Uniforms..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The below is GK's instructions per their website....

You need to wash the the garments separately (Don't not wash the Skirt and the Top together). Turn the garments inside out and use a mild liquid detergent. You want to gently wash them by hand in a large volume of cold water. Rinse immediately and DO NOT allow the garment to soak. Pat dry with a lean towel and use a thick plastic hanger to dry.

DO NOT use fabric softeners
DO NOT dry clean
DO NOT iron

I have had several clients machine wash them and they have had no problems. However, that is not a guarantee. The people that have machine washed them set a washing setting to mild, and set it to an extra large load with cold water and only put one, turned inside out piece in at a time. Again, that is against GK's washing instructions - but I haven't had anyone come back and say it made colors bleed or anything fall off, etc. So machine wash it at your own risk.

I wash Tori's uniform, both pieces separately, on delicate, cold, NO FABRIC SOFTENER, and inside out. Dry it on low/delicate and hang. I have used liquid Woolite (for delicate fabrics), and its worked great. I also use the SHOUT washer sheets, they are great and keep the colors from bleeding. I haven't had any problems =)

I wash Tori's uniform, both pieces separately, on delicate, cold, NO FABRIC SOFTENER, and inside out. Dry it on low/delicate and hang. I have used liquid Woolite (for delicate fabrics), and its worked great. I also use the SHOUT washer sheets, they are great and keep the colors from bleeding. I haven't had any problems =)

Do you have a lot of white in your uniform?

Do you have a lot of white in your uniform?
Fierce LK's are mostly black, but there is some white on the sleeves, and its next to bright pink. Last year the pink bled a little on to the white. I could see it, and it bothered me, (wish I would have known about the shout sheets then), no one else really noticed it.
Our levels 1-4 have a lot of white on the sleeves, so bases get a lot of dirt on them. Parents have also used the Shout Sheets and have had no problem ;)

Exactly what my mom does for our GK unis! Comes out perfect every time :)

I use the sheets during my hand washing too for fear of run lol. I used to wash all cps GK Leo's in the washer (with stones n all) but am so nervous about the uni :/. Plus I've seen a lot of our colors run eek.

Wash your uniform as the instructions state on the tag of the uniform like Rudags stated. Just be very delicate with white. As any uniform you might have a problem with a dark color next to white. Also, if you do use a front loader you might have more of a problem with bleeding, due to not being able to control the water level in the tub. Use a small amount of detergent. I have seen alot of my customers uniforms smell so strong of detergent it is crazy. Remember a little goes a long way and treat these like any other delicate piece of clothing.

Back