Wearing Uniforms To School

Discussion in 'High School Cheerleading' started by KellyLauro, Sep 9, 2012.

1. TwistedLady

TwistedLady Somewhere... some one.... is giving me a slow clap

Shimmys Received:
    You think that's bad? Lol - I went to a private christian high school and they wouldn't let us wear the poly tops - we had to wear LONG SLEEVE SWEATERS! Like from the 50's.....lol. Granted I'm in my 30's now - but I'm not that old! Haha - I should try to find a picture......

2. sophieann

sophieann Last Pass... on International Open 1

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    xxxosophie
    I went to a Catholic high school (the one I coach at now) before transferring to public school and when my brother graduated high school ('05) they still had those big sweater things! Now I have to find a photo.... :rolleyes:

3. Tosh

Tosh When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Dah, silly me. Here in the North East, football season is mostly freezing, so it did not even cross my mind......well I feel silly for my little rant......sorry

4. MissCongeniality

MissCongeniality Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Varsity at my CPs school (public school) still wears the sweaters! I guess they feel they are "tradition".

5. TinyBlondie15

TinyBlondie15 I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    lolotires
    Twitter:
    lolotires
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I HATED those sweaters! I cheered CYO (Catholic Youth Organization) for one year back in Oregon in 4th grade and they were super itchy and HUGE on my lanky little body of skin and bones back then..

6. SmileyRyleigh

SmileyRyleigh Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    Yall are nuts... I think the sweaters are just so cute.... I want one for my team but they're soooooo expensive considering we got new uniforms and warm ups this year..

7. TinyBlondie15

TinyBlondie15 I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    lolotires
    Twitter:
    lolotires
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    These were the sweater we had only ours were royal blue:
    [​IMG]

8. Katelyn

Katelyn I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    For game days we wear a fitted jersey with out name on the front and the same logo that is on our uniforms and for the number on the back we have the year we graduate. They are pink for breast cancer with maroon lettering because our main school color is maroon. Over that we wear our warm up jacket with jeans and uggs. we usually wear our bow on our left wrist :)

9. KellyLauro

KellyLauro I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    last year we has some extra $$ in the budget and we were gonna get white sweater tops like shorter and fitted...almost like the USC songgirls (who wear them every year!), we used the money instead to get warmups and jackets. I wasn't really feeling the sweater idea but now I wish we would have. It's so old school but so clean looking and unique.

10. Jordie

Jordie Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Wow that is pretty harsh. Do you go to a private school? It's dumb that a school would order uniforms that are too "sexual" for their dress code.

11. Karlssssss

Karlssssss I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I didn't mean to offend anyone. I meant hot as in temperature. When the school year starts here the temperature is usually still around 90!

12. Mhswarriorcoach

Mhswarriorcoach They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    The team I coach is at a catholic school so they have a school uniform they have to wear. Sometimes before I big game or competition they'll have a tag day and they have to wear their team Tshirt or uniform. I'm not there during the day so I don't know for sure but I ask the captains if anyone didn't and the team has to run a lap for anyone who doesn't wear the right thing.

13. Teal4

Teal4 I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    We have done the same thing at my school. It is a lot of fun to surprise them a goodie bag full of treats and decorate their locker-room for the big games. However the cost of the goodie bags and decorations aren't cheap.

14. Jennaw

Jennaw I think I can mix Cheer Music

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    jennaw06
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
    Our school will not allow uniforms during school because they are out of dress code.
    I found a creative way around this by letting the girl where game day jersey dresses to school with black crop tights and their shoes.
    The dress has the same coloring and lettering as their unis, except the jersey dresses do have capped/short sleeves. The tights eliminate the dresses being "too short" issue. I also added some bling on the lettering!
    Now cost wise, our dresses cost around 150.00 through Varsity, But they will be worn every game day, as a practice outfit at camp and to certain basketball games (without the tights under it).
    I consider the dresses like a second, less formal uni,..
    The girls LOVE them . It's nice to have the cheerleaders wear something that distinguishes them on game days at school, rather than a jersey and jeans. They feel proud to be a cheerleader in these!
    The dresses are a fun and clean looking way to show spirit at school while still in school dress code!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

15. GreatWhite92

GreatWhite92 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Do you have a picture? I'm having a hard time imagining a jersey dress.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android