All-Star Weird/random Injuries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I did fulls on my trampoline one day and got a lil too close to the net and both my pinky toes got stuck in the net and im pretty sure they broke cause i couldnt walk for like a week or two.

1. I know someone with level 5 skills who broke her finger doing a front walkover because she bent her fingers instead of keeping her hand flat when going into it.
2. (not 100% cheer related, but I had to sit out of cheer because of it) I was just walkin' through my house when all of the sudden I decided to jump of and hit the top of the door frame and when I came down I twisted my ankle.. wow.

Not cheer related, but just broke my wrist a few weeks ago from tripping during a run... on the National Mall in front of hundreds of tourists. That was embarrassing.

My friend tried to get into a convertible Batman style and cracked his head on the rim of the windshield (concussion and 6 stitches) and broke his ankle when it hit the door. A few years later we were laughing about it and he tried, again, and he didn't clear the door at all, fell into the car and broke his cheek bone on the gear shift.

I'm not sure if I've replied to this or not, but when I coached we had a number of odd injuries.

One of our flyers tore her ACL bumping down from a lib just warming up at the beginning of practice. We had panels of mats we taped together instead of a roll out floor, and one girl was tumbling corner to corner and got her finger wedged between two mats where they had separated a little. She dislocated and broke her finger.

I broke my foot last summer 45 seconds into an insanity warmup workout. Not anything spectacularly hard though. Just regular jumping jacks.... I was barefoot though and my foot got caught in the crack where the panel mat folds and my foot folded over on itself. It was so fun.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I broke my ankle trying to play "skip it" with a hula hoop around my ankle!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- I had a concussion at my internship after dropping something on the floor, bending to pick up and while getting up hitting my head against the table.

-broke my thumb when an another coach was explaining how to swing your arms for a backhandspring and accidently hit my hand while I was standing behind her to spot the BHS.

-broke my wrist when slamming the table to make 2 people who were fighting shut up.

-tore my ligaments in my ankle when falling of the sidewalk on the street.

-My right arm is damaged for life (can't extend it and nerves are damaged which results in awkward twitching and not feeling certain things) after my flyer lost balance when getting out of a shouldsit i was basing. i fell on my arm and the ulna and radius rotated for 240° and ended up next to my humerus. I had several surgeries and a very long rehabilitation but there is nothing they can do to completely fix it.

-I broke my toe after getting stuck with my foot in my handbag.

-broke my neck in gymclass at school during a forward roll

I'm the master of stupid injuries

I tripped over my own two feet and broke both bones in my arm. I basically landed in a prone fall, but had fingers turned out rather than making a triangle with both hands.

A former teammate destroyed her knee going into a thigh stand for a high lib. She had 1 foot in the pocket, 1 foot on the ground and bent her other leg to step in and her knee was done. She never cheered again. :(

An old poster here, Briana (not sure if she's around anymore, I'm unsure what her username would be) tore her ACL marking a lib to stretch tick tock on the ground. She was not a flyer, lol

Back