All-Star Well This Is The End Of Our Sport As We Know It

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

"There is something unique about a cheer mom.
The sacrifices they make, the dedication to their daughter and to the sport,

True
so much so that they take second mortgages in order to pay

Umm... false. Check priorities please.
for the high costs

True
of cross-country drives to weekly competitions”

Say what?! False.

On a positive note if there can be one - it's pretty up front what it is about. Cheer mom drama as the focus with an occasional competition thrown in there.

I think the thing that bothers me about most of these shows is that the general public truly would rather see a honey boo boo hot mess of a train wreck instead of the sport or art itself. It's just sad. It's Jerry Springer with amateur athlete's parents. There can hardly be anything good that comes of this.

Didn't AZ Power audition for this? Thats what Katie Mclaughlin (spelling... i tried lol) said. Not sure if it was this exact one, but they did try out for A Cheer Mom show.

If you were to take out a second mortgage to fund your child's activity: 1. You need to get your priorities straight. 2. You're a complete moron when it comes to personal finances.

I have not resorted to taking out a second mortgage to pay for my children's cheerleading, but we do live in a far more modest home and drive crappier cars than we would if we didn't have that expense. It is how we choose to spend our money. I cannot remember taking a vacation that was not cheer related. A coworker was relating that she had read an article that raising your children in a child centered home is a disservice and produces self-centered, egotistical adults. I hope that isn't true, but if it is I apologize to society upfront.

ih2m46.gif

I have not resorted to taking out a second mortgage to pay for my children's cheerleading, but we do live in a far more modest home and drive crappier cars than we would if we didn't have that expense. It is how we choose to spend our money. I cannot remember taking a vacation that was not cheer related. A coworker was relating that she had read an article that raising your children in a child centered home is a disservice and produces self-centered, egotistical adults. I hope that isn't true, but if it is I apologize to society upfront.

That last part made me laugh. haha I'm not saying that it's irresponsible to make sacrifices, I know when I was little and in gymnastics my parents made sacrifices for me. However, I'm sure it was greatly exaggerated in that 'press release', but taking out a 2nd mortgage isn't even comparable. That's like when you see people living in a shack but they drive an Escalade. I don't understand. But I suppose it's not my money to spend..

I'm assuming (and could be wrong), that the article was more focused on 'child-centered homes' in the sense where parents don't ever say no, give the kids everything they want at personal sacrifice to their entire livelihood (I'd wager while you save to put your kid through cheer, you're also not starving yourself to buy them a BMW lol), have zero sense of discipline because they try to treat children as adults when they're 5 (and children aren't adults or capable of thinking as such)...etc.

There's a difference between child-focused vs child-centered. Latter is no bueno.

Back