All-Star Well This Is The End Of Our Sport As We Know It

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I got the tag :) for my profile not showing, I don't get on here much and don't know how to work it so I'm not sure how to fix that!
I was just answering Kingston's question sorry for the confusion! I didn't even know we had profiles here!

As far as reality show auditions, I took a lot of classes on casting in school and if you want to be on a show you pretty much have to show up with some psycho backstory and be completely over the top.

I was just answering Kingston's question sorry for the confusion! I didn't even know we had profiles here!

As far as reality show auditions, I took a lot of classes on casting in school and if you want to be on a show you pretty much have to show up with some psycho backstory and be completely over the top.

Not always true. When I was in my finest form and a freshman in College (literally, I made crazies look boring), I auditioned for the Real World, and they picked some girl in our group interview over me. She literally answered a question with "World Peace". So I gave her a dirty look, and dropped an expletive.
Needless to say, It's probably a good thing I didn't get on the show. I wouldn't be able to coach. haha

Cindy Villarreal is single handily ruining all star cheer! I wish she would go back where she came from and we could go back to being a team sport!! All this fake cheerleb stuff is embarrassing and ruining the sport!
How is being popular ruining the sport? The biggest problem I see with popular cheerleaders is the jealousy shown by those that aren't popular!

How is being popular ruining the sport? The biggest problem I see with popular cheerleaders is the jealousy shown by those that aren't popular!
its not necessarily people being popular thats the problem to me the problem is with a woman who it seems knows nothing about allstar cheerleading and is trying to make some quick dollars off of helicopter stage moms who dont know or care enough about the actual sport and are in it for their 15 minutes

Well, I can say that my cp is popular within the cheer world but she does not seek the attention. The reason she cheers is because she doesn't want the individual attention that doing gymnastics or any other individual sport brings. She likes being one of many of the floor.
I think it's great for there to be those standout athletes but just because you have alot of instagram or twitter followers by going around asking for shout outs and followers or by creating their own fan page has somehow surpassed the actual talent that someone brings to the floor. There is something definitely wrong with this approach to cheerlebrities. I am all for those cp that earn their reputation on the mat! They deserve all the accolades there is to garner. They have worked hard and have a god given gift.

Because this is a team sport demographically dominated by teenage girls. Teenage girls are biologically programmed to be jealous of each other and not get along. Somehow cheer brings girls together and encourages friendships and trust like no other influence in society (that I can think of off the top of my head). A group of thirty girls working together for months to achieve a shared dream is something truly wonderful, but the cheerlebrity trend is threatening that as it encourages more focus on individuals and marketability, than hard work and team mentality. There is bound to be resentment on any team, this trend just serves to exacerbate it and undermine the core values of the sport. I have no problems with talent being recognised and respected (eg the Love sisters) but cheer popularity appears to be skewing in the direction of being tan with big hair.

And btw, you sound like Gretchen Weiners.

BowCat I had something just like that written too! Cheer used to remove the pressures of popularity that school brought. They all wanted each others best on the floor and rooted for each other to get new skills because it helped the team. Now they are all in a hissy to be the most popular or on the in crowd and that is ruining the sport, causing team drama, and losing the intent of the word team.

I had something just like that written too! Cheer used to remove the pressures of popularity that school brought. They all wanted each others best on the floor and rooted for each other to get new skills because it helped the team. Now they are all in a hissy to be the most popular or on the in crowd and that is ruining the sport, causing team drama, and losing the intent of the word team.

teams have had cliques and popular kids from the get go. If someone has a problem with how many twitter friends someone else has, get off twitter! Check the egos at the door! It seems like the most well known popular cheerleader just won worlds at the height of her popularity! I thought they won as a team? BTW was the Gretchen thing an insult? dont be jealous! :)

I certainly don't care how many followers anyone has. What i don't like is that someone obsessed with social media is elevated to celeb status Without the skills to deserve it. There are many very talented people that I think deserve all the attention they get. I draw the line with some woman out hawking pretty people with tans and selling them off as the best in the biz. That does our sport absolutely no favors and actually hurts the sport.

teams have had cliques and popular kids from the get go. If someone has a problem with how many twitter friends someone else has, get off twitter! Check the egos at the door! It seems like the most well known popular cheerleader just won worlds at the height of her popularity! I thought they won as a team? BTW was the Gretchen thing an insult? dont be jealous! :)
Who is Gretchen?

tumblr_m9v5pvKJYU1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

tumblr_m9wd8yeI961qhu0sf.gif

WHYYYYYYYY.

Thats not really true. A lot of people owe more on their homes than they're worth, mostly those who bought during the housing bubble in the early-mid 2000s. But that's hardly "most people."
I think "most" people got the meaning behind the post.

Back