All-Star What Can I Do?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2015
Just wanted some advice:

I'm on 2 teams at my new gym I'm on. So I'm going to be in the gym 4 times a week because of this. How can I convince my parents to let me go to an open gym for an additional day at another gym. They say I already am at a gym and they want me to stick with them. They also say there afraid I might injure my feet/legs if I practice too hard. But I just want to practice more of my tumbling (currently working on my round off BHS full/punch front thru to full).

Is there no open gym available at your current gym?
If not, you might just ask them to book a tumbling private with one of the coaches(once a month or so?), that way you have supervision,and thus someone to stop you if needed, and are staying at the gym you joined this season.
If they dont agree with the above,make sure you ask your coach what you could do at home, to be as well prepared as you can be, for practice (im thinking conditioning/basic drills etc) .
Their concern is legit, overuse injuries are no joke, so while you may not like it ,please remember that they want the best for you.

Do you have tumbling classes or skills classes in your gym contract? I'd use what you're paying for first.

Not sure why you need to go to another gym? And are your parents reluctant to let you add another day or the other location?

Not sure why you need to go to another gym? And are your parents reluctant to let you add another day or the other location?
Because the gym only has 1 day of open gym and I feel like I need extra practice to get my tumbling down. And I don't... I'll have to see down the road..

Back