OT What Do You Do On Planes To Stay Occupied?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I am terrified of flying and generally avoid it at all costs. However, in the event that I absolutely have to fly, I generally drug myself so that I'll be knocked out for the length of the flight. It obviously passes the time really well and it also prevents me from freaking out in the cabin and scaring everyone on board.
tongue.png

I LOVE word searches!! But I love those "Fill In" puzzles better! They are my addiction, have you ever tried them? They are KINDA like crosswords in that there are boxes where you fill in words, but the words are given to you in an answer key. Doing those while listening to music such a great way to unwind and end your night!

Are you traveling with a team mate? Sometimes little whiteboards and fun colored whiteboard markers are cool to have. I mean, who doesn't like using them? I'm in college and I always have a BLAST playing with them! (I'm a kid at heart, I'll never grow up. I refuse to!) You can just draw or play hangman or stupid games the whole way. You could bring friendship bracelet thread and make bracelets in your team colors for your team mates for good luck (if you have LOTS of time on the plane). You could download cheer videos to your laptop and watch them the entire way there. Decks of cards are always good to have on hand. Everyone loves playing cards, you might even meet a new friend on the plane! Sometimes on long rides (especially on bus rides) I would shuffle a deck and the put them back in order over and over. It's relaxing.

I really like that idea! :)

one thing about the friendship bracelets if you decide to do them on the plane...cut your thread for each bracelet before you leave home. i took the stuff to make bracelets in my carry-on on a family vacation (this was a good 10+ years ago)...airport security confiscated my scissors so then having all that thread was useless. i remember trying to use nail clippers to clip it haha but it was a lost cause.

one thing about the friendship bracelets if you decide to do them on the plane...cut your thread for each bracelet before you leave home. i took the stuff to make bracelets in my carry-on on a family vacation (this was a good 10+ years ago)...airport security confiscated my scissors so then having all that thread was useless. i remember trying to use nail clippers to clip it haha but it was a lost cause.

Oh wow, I never even thought about that! You're smart :)

i actually enjoy flying. i think it's kind of cool.

so on planes i sleep, listen to music, watch movies(dvd player, or ipad, or laptop), or do some writing. i really enjoy writing and all the air time gives me plenty of time to brainstorm. :)
and, you can always bring homework to do. it's a good time to get a good chunk of it done.

hope you have a good flight!

Eh, I usually sleep mostly because I am heading home after exams that cause me to pull all-nighters.

I live about an hour away from GWCC so I dont need to worry about Cheersport... but Im driving to NCA... 12+ hours... both ways...

1 word. SLEEP. i will put the tray down, and literally sleep face down on the tray the entire flight hahaha this year I at least had a pillow pet to cushion my face.

I LOVE word searches!! But I love those "Fill In" puzzles better! They are my addiction, have you ever tried them? They are KINDA like crosswords in that there are boxes where you fill in words, but the words are given to you in an answer key. Doing those while listening to music such a great way to unwind and end your night!

Are you traveling with a team mate? Sometimes little whiteboards and fun colored whiteboard markers are cool to have. I mean, who doesn't like using them? I'm in college and I always have a BLAST playing with them! (I'm a kid at heart, I'll never grow up. I refuse to!) You can just draw or play hangman or stupid games the whole way. You could bring friendship bracelet thread and make bracelets in your team colors for your team mates for good luck (if you have LOTS of time on the plane). You could download cheer videos to your laptop and watch them the entire way there. Decks of cards are always good to have on hand. Everyone loves playing cards, you might even meet a new friend on the plane! Sometimes on long rides (especially on bus rides) I would shuffle a deck and the put them back in order over and over. It's relaxing.

i have wanted to do this, but the biggest problem with that is, you can't bring scissors on the plane.... i hear nailclippers work though.

Back