What Do You Eat/drink Before A Comp??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 18, 2012
i was wondering what to eat before a competition. if i eat a big meal I feel kinda sick when i start to tumble but if i dont eat enough i feel like i'm gonna pass out. (i have blood sugarproblems). so what can i can eat/drink before i compete? i have tried granola bars but i dont feel full when i eat them and my mom won't allow me to have energy drinks...hahaha thanks!! :)

eat a bowl of cereal then just eat some little candies to snack on then after you compete you can go out to eat somewhere or get fast food :)

I usually pack a ton of snacks in my cheer bag. Like Gatorade, water, triscuits and cheese, goldfish, granola bars, etc. I also make sure I eat breakfast because that gives you energy for the day, so you can just snack until you perform because you won't be STARVING like you would if you didn't eat breakfast. Then we get something to eat on the way home/after comp

I always have a protein bar and peanut butter crackers in my bag for a snack right before we go to warm ups! I also drink a water and make sure I'm hydrated!! Honestly the best thing before you compete it water, and good with protein and good carbs. Fueling before always keeps your body up and ready! If you have to go fast food, Subway is the best! It stays down and fills you up! FYI don't do Chickfila ever. It likes to come back up haha

We start our CP with a good breakfast - eggs, toast, sausage, pancakes on occasion, OJ and milk. Depending on what time she competes we may have a lite lunch. Usually she competes by noon so she'll have a granola bar, cheese or PB crackers. Plenty of water until 1 - 1.5 hrs before she competes. Then dinner or lunch after.

She's never had an energy drink, pixie stick or pop before competing and has never dropped during a competition. (Knocking on wood) We have a friend who's daughter has major sugar issues and she says they do a protein shack 30min to an hr before the go on stage.

Hope it helps

I eat breakfast that has protein, like eggs. Then I bring wheat thins, or fruit snacks or just snacks to keep me satisfied until i preform. I only drink energy drinks if for some reason i'm way too tired. I don't recommend it though, my mom didn't want me drinking it either. Then I either go out to eat or something after. Make sure you keep your stomach satisfied, going on stage starving isn't good :confused: and dont forget to stay hydrated!

Thanks!! :)
I eat breakfast that has protein, like eggs. Then I bring wheat thins, or fruit snacks or just snacks to keep me satisfied until i preform. I only drink energy drinks if for some reason i'm way too tired. I don't recommend it though, my mom didn't want me drinking it either. Then I either go out to eat or something after. Make sure you keep your stomach satisfied, going on stage starving isn't good :confused: and dont forget to stay hydrated!
Thanks!!

An athlete we know has some stomach issues, so she doesn't eat before she competes, but has a meal replacement in a tube kinda thing, so she still gets nutrients without actually having anything heavy. I think you can get them at sporting goods or camping stores.

I always drink gatorade all day before i compete, the sugar levels help with energy and your body's sugar level. Try eating fruit at the competition have a cereal breakfast and snack on fruits you want to eat whats right for your body ! defiantly drink the gatorade all day and even a little the night before for your bolo dsugar level

Anything that will keep me full!! I normally eat a cliff bar (protein bar) a cheese stick, Gatorade, a fruit and anything that is good for your body I also normally eat A LOT of pomegranate seeds!
I hope this helps!! Oh and drink lots of water!

Don't over-eat, but don't under-eat either. Eat a healthy breakfast in the morning, and carry many nutritious snacks, such as oranges, apples, etc. to keep you energized throughout the day.

Back