All-Star What Do You Think About Cea's New Location In Charlotte?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay what if I decided to open up a gym and use the old CAC building? Would everyone still feel the same way in that I should not be allowed to do that because CAC is already in the area? We are all a part of a competitive sport, and I think it is completely ridiculous that some of you are arguing to limit competition in certain areas of it just because it makes you unhappy. It comes with the territory. If you don't like competition, this might not be the sport for you.

I don't think any of us are saying you shouldn't, or that they can't. We are discussing certain dynamics involved, that is all. it is also a big difference IMO in starting a program from the ground up, and opening a franchise/satellite location. A brand new start up probably would not be much of a pull on existing gyms. A franchise or satellite with high name brand recognition probably will, especially if the can guarantee the same type product or services that made them a name brand..

Okay what if I decided to open up a gym and use the old CAC building? Would everyone still feel the same way in that I should not be allowed to do that because CAC is already in the area? We are all a part of a competitive sport, and I think it is completely ridiculous that some of you are arguing to limit competition in certain areas of it just because it makes you unhappy. It comes with the territory. If you don't like competition, this might not be the sport for you.

I have no problem with competition. Only the reasons given for coming and the tactics used to recruit. CAC went from 3 L5 teams last year to 5 this year. Aviator started a new L5 this year ( and they are quite good!). That is why CEA is opening here.

Ok, I highly doubt CEA is putting that much time, money, and energy in creating a whole different gym simply because they don't like CAC. That's ridiculous.

Well, there have been some pretty vicious attacks on CAC and Cheersport over the last year that are completely separate from this issue but I also don't think that is the main reason. CEA sees a lot of L5 talent here, at Aviator, and other close gyms and they want it.

The other thing that has to be remembered is CEA has a thousand athletes and thousands of fans. You can't control what every athlete and their parents are doing or if they are recruiting... and it is even more impossible to try to control the fans. Who knows who started the fake facebook. It's a shame it reflects poorly on CEA to some of you when in reality it's probably a 12 year old athlete.

You are completely right it shouldn't reflect poorly on them because there is a chance it was a fan or a 12 year old athlete. BUT When you are a fan who constantly tries to represent a program or you are an athlete from that program you are going to reflect someway on said program. I have said it time and time again in threads where "fans" have said some nasty things in the name of CEA or any other gym they are sticking up for. Heck I told it to the Amanda Powell girl who was pretending to be a Sr. Elite member that I am sure Courtney and the other coaches at CEA probably wouldn't appreciate it her nasty comments. Reality is though that what people say will reflect poorly on a gym. This wouldn't be the first time this season that an athlete or fan has said something that makes CEA look bad. Not even the first time since Jan 1. 2012. I hate that it happens, but those people (it has happened twice by 1 single athlete) are still allowed to represent the program and make the same mistakes over and over.
These people need to step back and realize that their words and actions can negatively impact a business.

If CEA can make this work and keep it drama free then all the luck in the world to them, but if this truly is something shady then shame on them. I am not going to pretend to know the truth, there are 3 sides to every story and I only know 2 of them. It does seem rather odd that the gym is somewhat being started by an ex CAC mom. That in itself reflects poorly on the program, especially if she left the program in a not so nice manner.

So CAC is playing the victim role? Interesting....

How about this...how about CAC/Cheersport not trying to IMPOSE there "beliefs"onto the entire cheer community.

Just because CAC doesnt wear crop tops, no one should!

Because CAC doesnt use "theatrical" boys, it should not be allowed!

Because CAC kids dress a certain way at competitions (which I like), everyone should do the same!

Oh by the way, lets restrict tumbling so that our biggest rival, and as you imply - not so good friend CEA, doesnt have an advantage over us. Maybe this new location was expected and an attempt to mitigate the impact. I dont know.

This entire list is too asinine to even correct tit for tat.

Too many poor analogies and black and white opinions on free market in here. Just because something isn't technically illegal, doesn't mean it should't be done. Taking a team full of legit level 5 athletes and competing them as level 4 isn't illegal. But who would agree with that??? The merits of this whole deal being shady aside; all these responses in defense about it's just sound business; are we not the same industry that cries foul when Varsity and USASF seem to take actions that do nothing but line their pockets rather than benefit the industry as a whole?

Well, there have been some pretty vicious attacks on CAC and Cheersport over the last year that are completely separate from this issue but I also don't think that is the main reason. CEA sees a lot of L5 talent here, at Aviator, and other close gyms and they want it.

Susan, you know I love you dearly (even when we don't agree eye to eye - which is often) but when did you accept the P.R. Position for CAC? Let it go, if CAC had an official position on the issue, surely they'd have no problem saying it here. However, with that said.. Your years of anti-tealism renders your arguments and statements against them as purely motivated by your opinion.

At the end if the day, CEA is coming to Charlotte. They will be successful, and no argument on this message board or drudging of the past is going to change that.

Let the anti-teal crusade go... This isn't your fight to fight.

Susan, you know I love you dearly (even when we don't agree eye to eye - which is often) but when did you accept the P.R. Position for CAC? Let it go, if CAC had an official position on the issue, surely they'd have no problem saying it here. However, with that said.. Your years of anti-tealism renders your arguments and statements against them as purely motivated by your opinion.

At the end if the day, CEA is coming to Charlotte. They will be successful, and no argument on this message board or drudging of the past is going to change that.

Let the anti-teal crusade go... This isn't your fight to fight.

I love Allstar cheer and I care about the people at CAC and when I see things done that hinder rather than help this industry then I will speak up.

I love Allstar cheer and I care about the people at CAC and when I see things done that hinder rather than help this industry then I will speak up.

Yes, because a variety of options to choose from is a bad thing? I think not.
Again, your argument is tainted, because this could only be bad for gyms losing athletes.

CEA provides great training to hundreds of athletes, so they're doing nothing to harm the industry. Just your friends. IMO

California, UA, TG, ACE, Cheertyme, Md Twisters, Fame etc has multiple locations & yet you say nothing... Case & Point

Yes, because a variety of options to choose from is a bad thing? I think not.
Again, your argument is tainted, because this could only be bad for gyms losing athletes.

CEA provides great training to hundreds of athletes, so they're doing nothing to harm the industry. Just your friends. IMO

California, UA, TG, ACE, Cheertyme, Md Twisters, Fame etc has multiple locations & yet you say nothing... Case & Point

DJ if you feel the way CEA handles new markets is okay then you are right, this will be another one that we do not see "eye to eye".

Back