All-Star What Do You Think About Cea's New Location In Charlotte?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just for the record this gym is not backed by a parent. It is completely funded by Courtney. Parents are helping with setting up the gym and painting. That is all.

Now back to your regular posting schedule.

I purposely used the word "led" because since the Fall she has made it very clear to many of us that she has been scouting locations and recruiting athletes.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with multiple gyms being in multiple cities..heck I think it's a good thing for both gyms...maybe both CAC and CEA will strive to be better.. not related to cheer but when Reagan broke up AT & T in the (1980's???) and created what was termed baby bells' only good things came such as better customer service, lower prices, and a wider service area..ok now to relate this to Charlotte and cheer..when you have two competitive organizations in the same area it makes both strive to keep their customers thus providing the CUSTOMERS with better customer service and *gasp* competitive prices..because as one poster said..who is going to pay 4.25 for gas when gas 3.99 miles down the road is only 3.67 providing the gas down the road is the same quality etc...Thus the CUSTOMERS in the Charlotte area WINS..

In other words..Good luck to both teams this season!! :chestbump:

I purposely used the word "led" because since the Fall she has made it very clear to many of us that she has been scouting locations and recruiting athletes.

I posted that at the request of Court. Any and all responses to that you should tag her in them. I refuse to be a part of this conversation.

Edited to add, whoever that is is entitled to do what she wants!

I really have no idea how I feel about this. I love both gyms and don't want to see one gym go down because of another. I know if a big name gym decided to move into my town, I would be upset so I feel for the CAC people. I guess I am confused on the whole gym. Are their actually going to be teams at this gym? Most the athletes that travel from Charlotte are on SE or CE am I right? Do you really think they are going to quit being one those teams to go to this new gym? So in the long run they are still driving 2 hours from Charlotte. Do I have this all wrong?

:deadhorse: there are many programs with gyms in multiple cities, which have other gyms. CEA is a great program, and they have the means and success to expand. Honestly, I feel like you, CharlotteASMom, are insulting your own program while trying to defend it because you are saying many athletes will leave CAC for CEA. Why would you think that? Is there something wrong with CAC that is making you say that? (Rhetorical, I don't really think there is haha) Have faith in your program. It doesn't matter if you have a rivalry, it's a free market economy and it should improve both programs. Competition makes everyone better.

So how do you suggest they handle new markets?

I'm glad you asked! In general for Allstars I think recruiting should be limited to specific dates. No gym should be able to recruit another athlete once they have made a committment to a program. This would include approaching kids at competitions, handing out business cards or flyers at competitions, discuss tryouts months in advance, or any other persuasive means once they committed. When this time period is up then any gym is open to recruit any athlete (short of illegal acts) until a new committment is made. It's done in many Youth sports but I rarely get a good reception to this when I post about Allstars.

Just a comment, I may be living in Charlotte this summer and will need a place to train to keep my skills up for the college season. Since I love both gyms I will prob go to whatever gym can give me what I need for less $$.

:deadhorse: there are many programs with gyms in multiple cities, which have other gyms. CEA is a great program, and they have the means and success to expand. Honestly, I feel like you, CharlotteASMom, are insulting your own program while trying to defend it because you are saying many athletes will leave CAC for CEA. Why would you think that? Is there something wrong with CAC that is making you say that? (Rhetorical, I don't really think there is haha) Have faith in your program. It doesn't matter if you have a rivalry, it's a free market economy and it should improve both programs. Competition makes everyone better.

Thanks for the kind words about CAC. I've never been asked to retract or delete a comment by the program and they read all of this so I can only assume they are okay with what I am saying. There just comes a time where you get tired of the behavior and its approval but I am certainly sorry you feel that way.

I think it should be mentioned that, from what I've read, the product that CEA will be selling in Charlotte will be different than what is currently offered in the area. I'm not saying that the quality of the product will be different, necessarily, but it appears that the product, itself, will be different. To wit:

The program in Charlotte is a whole new concept for CEA. Very different from what we have done in the past with "satellite" gyms. Charlotte will the be the first city to host "Cheer Extreme Select" ... an "all in" concept that encourages families who make allstar cheerleading their absolute number one priority and agree from the start to travel, commit, and accelerate skills all season. Location, tryout info and details will be announced in the am :)

I may be interpreting this wrong, but it seems to me that CEA could leverage a couple of things to bring a different product to the all star arena. First, that the brand views the use of crossovers in a different way than many others in the industry (more as intensive training tools for athletes to advance by being on multiple teams at once, than, as many in the cheer world see them: as spots to be filled sparingly, with "excessive" use of crossovers, though legal in most instances, being frowned upon as almost cheating). Second, because CEA has multiple locations, an athlete might be able to take tumbling and do conditioning at one location and only travel once a week for team practices, thus cutting down on amount of time needed to commute while retaining the ability to be on the brand's best-of-the-best teams. I'm totally guessing at this, by the way, but it makes sense to me. If that's the case - if CEA is truly offering something different than what is currently offered in the area, who cares whether the location is in close proximity to another company? It is like a sushi restaurant opening on the same corner as a steak house - the customers for each, though they all want to eat good food, are likely not the same, and each restaurant caters to a particular customer. If you do steak, do steak well, and be proud of it, and market your steak to steak lovers, and you will succeed.

I think it is easy to dismiss what someone else is doing as unethical when it is, simply, something that we would not choose to do. I applaud those of you with a fierce sense of loyalty to your brands - that loyalty is part of what makes all star cheer great. At the same time... I guess, not being from the area, I just don't "get" all the animosity.

For the record....not speaking for the program because I'm nobody important (I just cut the check) but I have a feeling they'd agree with what im about to say... I have issues with the fact my kids and husband we're sent tryout information directly on Facebook through a fake account. Someone mentioned these were rumors...they're not. That's fact and it happened to athletes from at least 4 Charlotte area gyms.

The recruiting is the part I have an issue with. Especially from a program (sanctioned or cowboyed by a rabid fan) that has a great reputation, fabulous teams and doesn't need to engage in that behavior to be successful. It's just shady and I really expected better from a program I've had upmost respect for since we started in this industry.

Outside of the ethics involved in recruiting.....I say as one of the original Aviator families in a fast-growing program....bring on the competition. We love stout competition! We look forward to meeting CEA Charlotte on the mat and we're excited that the entirety of the Charlotte market is stepping up their game. It only makes all of us better and in the end, benefits our kids, our region and the industry as a whole.

For the record....not speaking for the program because I'm nobody important (I just cut the check) but I have a feeling they'd agree with what im about to say... I have issues with the fact my kids and husband we're sent tryout information directly on Facebook through a fake account. Someone mentioned these were rumors...they're not. That's fact and it happened to athletes from at least 4 Charlotte area gyms.

The recruiting is the part I have an issue with. Especially from a program (sanctioned or cowboyed by a rabid fan) that has a great reputation, fabulous teams and doesn't need to engage in that behavior to be successful. It's just shady and I really expected better from a program I've had upmost respect for since we started in this industry.

Outside of the ethics involved in recruiting.....I say as one of the original Aviator families in a fast-growing program....bring on the competition. We love stout competition! We look forward to meeting CEA Charlotte on the mat and we're excited that the entirety of the Charlotte market is stepping up their game. It only makes all of us better and in the end, benefits our kids, our region and the industry as a whole.
you can't say you expected more from a program when you don't even know who started the fake facebook. it was probably a 12 year old. if Courtney herself made the facebook... then sure. But she didn't, so don't judge CEA off one anonymous (most likely a kid's) actions.

What does it really matter? Anyone can open a gym anywhere they want. Obviously Courtney knows what she is doing with her athletes considering she has 70+ driving to Kernersville, so now the kids in Charlotte or at CAC have another option right down the road. Of the kids that do drive I am pretty sure they did not just wake up one day and decide they wanted to cheer and decided to drive that far for practice. Chances are they were at another gym and wanted to be on one of her teams. There are probably other kids that would LOVE to cheer for CEA but can not make the drive so now they can. Most level 5 athletes at certain gyms who were given the chance to be on a CEA worlds team would jump at the chance and leave their current gym, Kernersville was just too far. I do believe it will affect CAC since it is so close, there is now another worlds gym for those kids, and the chance to be on one of Courtney's worlds teams, how could it not? The cheer world has everything to do with what name you wear on your uniform and Courtney has made quite a name for herself and she is going to paint Matthews/Stallings/Charlotte Teal! I wish them luck, nothing wrong with competition. If CAC has such a strong program and they are not worried about it why all the negative things to say about CEA and all the "attacks"????? Sounds to me like some are more concerned than they wish to lead on? Probably should be...

Susan, you know I love you dearly (even when we don't agree eye to eye - which is often) but when did you accept the P.R. Position for CAC? Let it go, if CAC had an official position on the issue, surely they'd have no problem saying it here. However, with that said.. Your years of anti-tealism renders your arguments and statements against them as purely motivated by your opinion.

At the end if the day, CEA is coming to Charlotte. They will be successful, and no argument on this message board or drudging of the past is going to change that.

Let the anti-teal crusade go... This isn't your fight to fight.

AMEN but any chance she gets to bash CEA and/or Courtney she takes it.........

You do say that all your statements are true and that is absolute LIE!
Remember the old saying, "If you didn't see it with your own eyes or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth." ...

Unless you have had a meeting with Courtney and got all of your information, then please do not come on here and talk about her intentions and reasons for opening a location in Charlotte. Unless you have had a meeting with the so called parent you claim to be leading the crusade......Do not come on here and point fingers at parents and kids for things that you do not have factual information about! Unless you know exactly for sure who created the fake FB account, do not come on here and pretend that you do. The reasons that kids left CAC, is ABSOLUTELY NONE of your business so that should not have even been brought up in your little bash session. Have you sat down and had a meeting with the parents and kids that left to know exactly the childs reason for leaving? Then please do not come on here and claim that you know but are being respectful in not saying! You are going by what you are hearing through the rumor mill and that does only one thing, cause more drama and start more rumors.

If it wasnt for some of the parents, the relationship between CEA and CAC might be just fine!

The best thing to do is to go and promote the gym you love and support. Do not waste energy in trying to bash the one you obviously do not support.

Back