All-Star What Do You Think About Cea's New Location In Charlotte?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know what team you are talking about and that team competed in the semi-limited division, not large limited coed

When the team was originally created, they were Large Limited. I remember because an ex-TEAL member was placed on it and she shared with me how she felt like she was being used as a pawn, and didn't like it...

REMEMBER THE KIDS PEOPLE!

Most of the people and I mean at least 95% of the people who left CAC and went to CEA left because they were not put on the team that they wanted (TEAL) or they were not given the opportunity to fly even though they deemed themself worthy. I am not going to speak to specifics, it doesn't matter. Obviously, if they leave CAC for this reason, chances are that they have to find a program that's large enough to give them what they want. Courtney has the desire and ability to double and triple team her kids so they can pretty much get what they want of they are willing to travel for it. Most of those kids who didn't make TEAL and went to CEA were put on a newly created team that was conveniently created by Courtney to compete with TEAL last year. Coincidence that the "704" kids were competing against their former teammates? I think not.
I am not going to elaborate on additional things that CEA has done that have caused me to shake my head but I will say that even if CEA was the only gym in the area, my child would not be going there.
Does CAC have anything to worry about? I hope not-I like to see the good guys win!

Well don't come on here & tease everyone with your "experiences" just keep shaking your head, and let it go.
Your last line about the "good guys winning" is right... Shall I pull up Dallas scores?

We'll see whose winning & who's on here being bitter. Good day M'am.

Most of the people and I mean at least 95% of the people who left CAC and went to CEA left because they were not put on the team that they wanted (TEAL) or they were not given the opportunity to fly even though they deemed themself worthy. I am not going to speak to specifics, it doesn't matter. Obviously, if they leave CAC for this reason, chances are that they have to find a program that's large enough to give them what they want. Courtney has the desire and ability to double and triple team her kids so they can pretty much get what they want of they are willing to travel for it. Most of those kids who didn't make TEAL and went to CEA were put on a newly created team that was conveniently created by Courtney to compete with TEAL last year. Coincidence that the "704" kids were competing against their former teammates? I think not.
I am not going to elaborate on additional things that CEA has done that have caused me to shake my head but I will say that even if CEA was the only gym in the area, my child would not be going there.
Does CAC have anything to worry about? I hope not-I like to see the good guys win!

I have kept my mouth shut this entire thread, but this is ridiculous. You hope the good guys win?! Yes, because Courtney is such a bad person for taking in the kids who came to her tryouts from another gym. Shame on her for not turning them away... I don't see how this makes Cheer Extreme bad?! I admire Courtney for how she runs her business. Because a business is about making the customer happy. And it seems to me her kids are pretty happy. And you are calling her out because she had a team in Charlotte's division...maybe you should check the worlds schedule, because there are very few divisions that CEA doesn't have a level five team in. And even if she did (which I highly doubt) take every single child that came to her from CAC and put them on a team to compete against Teal, if the parents and athletes were ok with it, why are you not? Obviously they didn't have a problem competing against former teammates, and why should they if they are finally happy with their placement on a team, regardless of what team this is.

I know what team you are talking about and that team competed in the semi-limited division, not large limited coed

Maybe at some point in the season they competed in semi limited but they were created as limited coed and competed against TEAL on at least 2 occasions. One of these (Cabbarus, which I also think but am not positive was Cheersport) CEA beat TEAL.

Winning isn't always about taking home the trophy. As a parent, winning is about character building, leading by example and representing yourself, your family, and the community as a a role model among other things. These are suppose to be side effects of being part of a team. I tell all of my children, you learn more from losing then actually winning. Why would I be bitter? I am just saying that as a parent, I have the ability to influence this. Not bitter. I have friends who cheer for CEA and wish no ill towards anyone.
I for one, would not come on this board and attack someone like you just spoke to me. That to me speaks volumes about you, not me.

I have kept my mouth shut this entire thread, but this is ridiculous. You hope the good guys win?! Yes, because Courtney is such a bad person for taking in the kids who came to her tryouts from another gym. Shame on her for not turning them away... I don't see how this makes Cheer Extreme bad?! I admire Courtney for how she runs her business. Because a business is about making the customer happy. And it seems to me her kids are pretty happy. And you are calling her out because she had a team in Charlotte's division...maybe you should check the worlds schedule, because there are very few divisions that CEA doesn't have a level five team in. And even if she did (which I highly doubt) take every single child that came to her from CAC and put them on a team to compete against Teal, if the parents and athletes were ok with it, why are you not? Obviously they didn't have a problem competing against former teammates, and why should they if they are finally happy with their placement on a team, regardless of what team this is.
I did not say Courtney is a bad guy. It's funny how people are only allowed to express their opinions on this if they support CEA.

I did not say Courtney is a bad guy. It's funny how people are only allowed to express their opinions on this if they support CEA.
"I am not going to elaborate on additional things that CEA has done that have caused me to shake my head but I will say that even if CEA was the only gym in the area, my child would not be going there.
Does CAC have anything to worry about? I hope not-I like to see the good guys win!"

My bad, I guess I just assumed since CAC was the "good guys" that CEA must be the "bad guys" correct? And if the other post was directed at me, about my "character" and the way I spoke to you, maybe you should go back and re read what I said. Not once did I "attack" you in any way. I strictly stood up for the CEA program. I asked you a question which was "why do you have a problem with what teams certain athletes were placed on, if they do not have a problem with it?" That was not attacking you... Also, your comments about role models, and wanting more than a trophy. Courtney is a role model for kids too, plenty of kids do look up to Courtney, so I'm not sure what you were getting at with that?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with multiple gyms being in multiple cities..heck I think it's a good thing for both gyms...maybe both CAC and CEA will strive to be better.. not related to cheer but when Reagan broke up AT & T in the (1980's???) and created what was termed baby bells' only good things came such as better customer service, lower prices, and a wider service area..ok now to relate this to Charlotte and cheer..when you have two competitive organizations in the same area it makes both strive to keep their customers thus providing the CUSTOMERS with better customer service and *gasp* competitive prices..because as one poster said..who is going to pay 4.25 for gas when gas 3.99 miles down the road is only 3.67 providing the gas down the road is the same quality etc...Thus the CUSTOMERS in the Charlotte area WINS..

In other words..Good luck to both teams this season!! :chestbump:

I agree. Maybe with more competition in town then the laws of supply and demand will lower out monthly fees at CAC!!!! I doubt that's going to happen though.

They've already taken away a free tumbling class each for next season. Maybe CAC should re-think that strategy with a new sheriff in town. LOL!

"I am not going to elaborate on additional things that CEA has done that have caused me to shake my head but I will say that even if CEA was the only gym in the area, my child would not be going there.
Does CAC have anything to worry about? I hope not-I like to see the good guys win!"

My bad, I guess I just assumed since CAC was the "good guys" that CEA must be the "bad guys" correct? And if the other post was directed at me, about my "character" and the way I spoke to you, maybe you should go back and re read what I said. Not once did I "attack" you in any way. I strictly stood up for the CEA program. I asked you a question which was "why do you have a problem with what teams certain athletes were placed on, if they do not have a problem with it?" That was not attacking you... Also, your comments about role models, and wanting more than a trophy. Courtney is a role model for kids too, plenty of kids do look up to Courtney, so I'm not sure what you were getting at with that?
No, I'm not going to elaborate because it was not related to the post. That doesn't mean that I don't have multiple reasons for my position on the matter.
No CEA isn't the bad guys, never said that. But yes, in my opinion, CAC is the good guys. I teach my children and they reinforce the importance of character and sportsmanship as well as playing by the rules. They are not a win at all cost program and value the role that they play in the lives of our children. Of course, not everyone can be happy all of the time and of course people have the right to make the choices that are the best for themselves and go elsewhere. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with any other program. It's up to the CEA people to determine if they feel like they are also the good guys.

It's threads like this that make me wish the pile 'o poo emoji was one of our emoticons. But since I only have:deadhorse: and:banghead: , I'll have to go with them.

Be happy with your own gym and own choices. Don't worry about other people's choices. BREATHEEEEEE. Step away from the key board and take a walk.

Oh, and dismount from your high horses.

No, I'm not going to elaborate because it was not related to the post. That doesn't mean that I don't have multiple reasons for my position on the matter.
No CEA isn't the bad guys, never said that. But yes, in my opinion, CAC is the good guys. I teach my children and they reinforce the importance of character and sportsmanship as well as playing by the rules. They are not a win at all cost program and value the role that they play in the lives of our children. Of course, not everyone can be happy all of the time and of course people have the right to make the choices that are the best for themselves and go elsewhere. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with any other program. It's up to the CEA people to determine if they feel like they are also the good guys.
:grovel: :grovel:

I think CEA are the great guys! How's that for positive thinking!

Back