All-Star What Do You Think About Cea's New Location In Charlotte?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But yes, in my opinion, CAC is the good guys. I teach my children and they reinforce the importance of character and sportsmanship as well as playing by the rules. They are not a win at all cost program and value the role that they play in the lives of our children.
And this is where I get aggravated. By they, I am assuming you mean CAC. Well I am glad that CAC teaches these important life lessons, but how can you make general assumptions about the CEA program? "They are not a win at all cost program" Is this to mean that CEA is a win at all costs program? I'm just trying to get to the center of your argument.

I'm getting flash backs from when I was getting ready to move here and asked about gyms in Charlotte. That thread lit up like a Christmas tree and then turned into a CEA vs CAC brawl. Thing is, both gyms are so different that I'm sure each one will have enough of the market that they'll both be fine. Really, to me, the most relevant thing is that our kids are happy and that they are experiencing growth in their character from participating in this sport. If they are making awesome memories and if they are better people by participating, then...there you go. Wherever they choose to do that is up to them. Personally, I believe that the nastiness on here about this is very unnecessary and frankly irrelevant. What will be will be. Let it go.

And this is where I get aggravated. By they, I am assuming you mean CAC. Well I am glad that CAC teaches these important life lessons, but what right do you have to make general assumptions about the CEA program? "They are not a win at all cost program" Is this to mean that CEA is a win at all costs program? I'm just trying to get to the center of your argument. Are you trying to imply the CEA program doesn't try to teach their athletes sportsmanship, and how to play by the rules?
Seriously???I'm sorry that you are aggravated, especially since it's only cheerleading. I too am aggravated because you keep twisting my words to be about CEA. Really, I do not care about CEA. I have only stated that I am happy that my daughter has been a part of CAC and the lessons that she has learned. I simply was stating my perspective. There are plenty of CEA people and fans on this site but there's room on here for fans of other gyms. Believe me , not EVERYTHING is about CEA!

Seriously???I'm sorry that you are aggravated, especially since it's only cheerleading. I too am aggravated because you keep twisting my words to be about CEA. Really, I do not care about CEA. I have only stated that I am happy that my daughter has been a part of CAC and the lessons that she has learned. I simply was stating my perspective. There are plenty of CEA people and fans on this site but there's room on here for fans of other gyms. Believe me , not EVERYTHING is about CEA!
Trust me, I don't want everything to be about CEA. If you only knew the amount of hate that gym received, you would understand, like I said before, I am glad you are happy with your gym and the life lessons it has taught your kids. I was not trying to be harsh, but if you go back and re read what you replied to my post, you would understand how I came to these generalizations. All I asked you to do was to further explain how you could be upset with what teams certain athletes made if they were ok with it, which you never did, but we can all agree to disagree here.

This is kind of off topic, but I thought of it because I was thinking of reasons athletes would leave Charlotte. The uniforms.

What if Charlotte busted out with some hot GK crop top/shorts uniforms? That would be a shocker, but it would be awesome. I bet those teams would look so much better if they looked sporty instead of like they're about to go perform for the local Southern Baptist Church.
Everyone seems to bust on CAC's uniforms. I think they are OK, but then again, I'm a dad. Its true, they could use some more "bling" in there to snazz it up.

As for the crop tops, I'm OK with some of them, but some of them are a little too much. They look like they've been designed right from the Velvet Jones' How to be a Ho book (old SNL reference there for you young'uns).

It's threads like this that make me wish the pile 'o poo emoji was one of our emoticons. But since I only have:deadhorse: and:banghead: , I'll have to go with them.

Be happy with your own gym and own choices. Don't worry about other people's choices. BREATHEEEEEE. Step away from the key board and take a walk.

Oh, and dismount from your high horses.
I can show you where to find one but I wouldn't want to get banned. :p

CEA may have done some questionable things in the past, but frankly it seems like CAC's bitter attitude is just as bad. What planet are we on that athletes are treated as property and once their in your "house", letting them go be happier somewhere else is unacceptable? If a gym owner acted like me letting my daughter/son try to find his/her best fit by trying out at a different program was some sort of traitor move, well then that'd be all the more reason I'd want to leave and go to said new gym. I don't want my child learning that it's better to be unhappy as long as your peers don't think you're a traitor. Saying that you wouldn't take your child to CEA even if they were the only gym around is low class. It's catty and it's rude. And I'll be damned if you claim that you are respectful or unbiased, too. You know who's worse than the Teal Army that will defend all things CEA? The "I'll support anything that makes CEA look bad or may make them fail" Army. It's certainly not as big, but it's just as ridiculous.

What it boils down to is this. They are BOTH fabulous programs, and they BOTH offer great products. Saying that CAC should be "protected" from CEA since they're one of the grandfather teams of cheer is laughable. From my experience, most of the best gyms from around the country come from VERYYYY competitive areas. How many titles have come out of Dallas, New Jersey, and Atlanta alone? Probably more than the rest of the entire US combined. So you're worried about your child's character having a solid build? I guess this is a great situation for you then. It's a great situation to teach them loyalty and to avoid the ignorance that others have. Quit worrying about what the Jones' are doing next door and be happy with yourself. If you want to cheer at CEA, go cheer at CEA. If you want to cheer at CAC, go cheer at CAC. Frankly, after all this drama, I'm taking my kid to go cheer at Aviator with 12stepCheermom. LOL!

Back