College What Do You Think Of The University Of Alabama!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 8, 2011
Ex-cheerleading coach suing the University and she was just arrested!? Opinions?

Sorry, thought I posted this in the college section, feel free to move, my bad.

That is just a weird situation but I dont she will win considering she got arrested for apparently pocketing the money from the camps. A parent wrote a comment saying that checks where made out to the coach not the university and they thought that was weird.

Sounds to me like she just dug her own hole. Had she not filed a lawsuit against the University I do not believe they would have decided to file charges against her. I don't think she has a chance of winning the case now. She actually thinks pulling this will get her the job back? It is just bring more negative attention to a team that already had enough of that earlier this year with the ring thing that lead to losing their coach. If she cared about them she would have moved on and went elsewhere unless she really believed she would never have gotten caught.

Sounds to me like she just dug her own hole. Had she not filed a lawsuit against the University I do not believe they would have decided to file charges against her. I don't think she has a chance of winning the case now. She actually thinks pulling this will get her the job back? It is just bring more negative attention to a team that already had enough of that earlier this year with the ring thing that lead to losing their coach. If she cared about them she would have moved on and went elsewhere unless she really believed she would never have gotten caught.

You're assuming she's guilty of theft.

ACEDAD said:
You're assuming she's guilty of theft.

Think the arrest is a scare tactic?

Think the arrest is a scare tactic?

I don't know. I know Debbie and find it hard to believe she would do those things. But lots of people do things and others probably thought the same thing.

I just know that I find the whole thing very sad and difficult. I just hope that the actual truth comes out and everyone gets exactly what they deserve in these cases.

I don't know. I know Debbie and find it hard to believe she would do those things. But lots of people do things and others probably thought the same thing.

I just know that I find the whole thing very sad and difficult. I just hope that the actual truth comes out and everyone gets exactly what they deserve in these cases.

Ill 'shimmy' that. I do not know her or the AA at Bama, but the best thing is for the truth to come out. Hopefully she is in the right though.

Did she sue before or after the arrest? Sometimes lawsuits are filed by criminal defendants so they can get depositions (sp?) to gather evidence for their criminal defense then the suits are dropped.

That is just a weird situation but I dont she will win considering she got arrested for apparently pocketing the money from the camps. A parent wrote a comment saying that checks where made out to the coach not the university and they thought that was weird.

Not knowing the specifics, but knowing the University's lack of recognition of the sport, it doesn't seem at all unusual for parents to have to make checks out to the coach. It's not "official" school business. It's a "club." I have to write checks to my cp's coach for a lot of tees and extras, and their choreo camp fee goes directly to an all star gym, rather than the school, soooo...

Did she sue before or after the arrest? Sometimes lawsuits are filed by criminal defendants so they can get depositions (sp?) to gather evidence for their criminal defense then the suits are dropped.

She filed the lawsuit last Tuesday. She was arrested on Friday.

She filed the lawsuit last Tuesday. She was arrested on Friday.

She was indicted on Tuesday the 28th. Which Tuesday did she file the lawsuit, was it also the 28th or was it the 21st?

Back