All-Star What Got You Into Doing Cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was also one of those kids that couldn't figure out what they wanted to do.I played soccer and I was the only one that knew to kick the ball into the goal...needless to say,that phase ended quickly.I was also a dancer.I danced from when I was 3 till I was 6.Looking back at old videos,I was literally the only kid that ever knew what I was doing,and actually knew the choreography.When we moved to NC,I did one last year of dance,and then my mom was done with the whole dance thing.She wanted me to be a gymnast,as she was her whole life.She took me to a place called 'Salem Gymnastics' to sign me up.As she was filling out forms,I saw a Cheer Extreme team practicing,and 6 year old me said,"No mom, I want to do that."She didn't know what kind of an addiction she'd be getting me into lol...7 years with CEA and now in my 3rd season with CSA and loving every moment of it!

Wow what's CSA? I might sound dumb to ask but I wondered because I went to a tumbling class for a year at High Point Gymnastics so I was wondering if it was close.

Wow what's CSA? I might sound dumb to ask but I wondered because I went to a tumbling class for a year at High Point Gymnastics so I was wondering if it was close.
Carolina Spirit Athletics.It's in Clemmons which is in Winston. It's about 45 minutes away from High Point lol.

Back in the day (circa 1998 lol) Competitive school cheer was pretty popular in the pittsburgh area if you cheered at a private school, which is what I did. My childhood bestfriend's older sister was on our schools varsity squad and used to teach us cheers lol. I decided to try out when i was able to, and made the team, i was 10. My school was known for a having a really good cheerleading program and we won a lot, i loved that! In 2000, Hotcheer started and i was invited to the team. Back then it was only for cheerleaders from private schools around pittsburgh. This was when all star cheerleading started to grow in PA and i loved it! I knew this was something i wanted to do, and to be involed in forever! I am 24 now and I am still with Hotcheer, I love my Hot Family <3

I started in gymnastics when I was three, but when I was about 7, they tried to put me on a team and my mom didn't want that for me so she took me out of it. I started cheering for our rec league until I was in sixth grade and ended up quitting because I got bored of it and my coach wouldn't let me do any of my tumbling. I was then introduced to all-star cheering. probably the happiest day of my life. I loved cheering but I just wanted more and that's what I ended up getting :)

Wow. Were contemplating moving there. I'll look them up
if this means anything in your decision, I was at Cheer Extreme. HUGE gym. We left for a small gym. We go to big, well known competitions. My first season, my team was undefeated. Our J3 was undefeated for 3 years straight. just sayin' lol ;)

if this means anything in your decision, I was at Cheer Extreme. HUGE gym. We left for a small gym. We go to big, well known competitions. My first season, my team was undefeated. Our J3 was undefeated for 3 years straight. just sayin' lol ;)

Well my mom was all I don't want to pay that much money a month about CEA. Ive also looked at Cheer Mania in Welcome too so I don't which one I might go too. But the only tumbling I have is a cartwheel, round off, and front handspring/walkover. I had a running front tuck but lost it when I stopped tumbling

Well my mom was all I don't want to pay that much money a month about CEA. Ive also looked at Cheer Mania in Welcome too so I don't which one I might go too. But the only tumbling I have is a cartwheel, round off, and front handspring/walkover. I had a running front tuck but lost it when I stopped tumbling
yeah, we've definitely saved a whole lot being at a small gym versus a big gym. Cheer Mania still exists? Wow. I had some friends that went there from cea, and needless to say, they left after one season. If that says anything about the gym. I mean maybe they were just picky, but they went to some other gym I've never heard of. How old are you? We have levels 1-5, and I'm sure there is a spot for you! The kids at our gym have been excelling very quickly, so I'm sure our wonderful tumbling coaches could help you out!

yeah, we've definitely saved a whole lot being at a small gym versus a big gym. Cheer Mania still exists? Wow. I had some friends that went there from cea, and needless to say, they left after one season. If that says anything about the gym. I mean maybe they were just picky, but they went to some other gym I've never heard of. How old are you? We have levels 1-5, and I'm sure there is a spot for you! The kids at our gym have been excelling very quickly, so I'm sure our wonderful tumbling coaches could help you out!

I'm 13.... I'll be 14 next month. I'd probably start next season though. When I took tumbling at HGA I was just not getting anywhere in a year. The closest I got was a round off and a bak handspring over a barrel

I'm 13.... I'll be 14 next month. I'd probably start next season though. When I took tumbling at HGA I was just not getting anywhere in a year. The closest I got was a round off and a bak handspring over a barrel
so by the time you get into the sport you'll be senior aged. We are currently fielding a senior 3 & senior 5. Im on senior 3, and I don't currently tumble at all. Coming off a back injury, and I honestly don't think I'll ever be upside down again. Girls that were on Junior 1 last season are now on senior 5. So I guess our coaches are doing something right!

so by the time you get into the sport you'll be senior aged. We are currently fielding a senior 3 & senior 5. Im on senior 3, and I don't currently tumble at all. Coming off a back injury, and I honestly don't think I'll ever be upside down again. Girls that were on Junior 1 last season are now on senior 5. So I guess our coaches are doing something right!

Wow that's amazing. In stunting I've always been a flyer. I've tried basing an 8 year old and jeez that's hard. Bases are amazing. I stretch everyday and do stunts on my floor just to kinda stay in shape. Yet I heel stretch and bow and arrow on the wrong foot though

Wow that's amazing. In stunting I've always been a flyer. I've tried basing an 8 year old and jeez that's hard. Bases are amazing. I stretch everyday and do stunts on my floor just to kinda stay in shape. Yet I heel stretch and bow and arrow on the wrong foot though
We can always use experienced flyers! I would just say stretchstretchstretch in your off season so you can fly on your correct foot next season where ever you decide to go!

We can always use experienced flyers! I would just say stretchstretchstretch in your off season so you can fly on your correct foot next season where ever you decide to go!

I stretch a lot. My splits are the same my middle and right are better than the left. But thanks:)

Back