All-Star What Got You Into Doing Cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I may not be the biggest CEA fan now but they were the first gym that i fell in love with back when 2by2 ONLY filmed for their gym. So they may be the reason why i understand cheer like i do now

Totally just cued that one up about three more times. That is my favorite routine of ALL TIME. Aaahhhhh.
Even my grandma has seen it..and she may or may not know the "This time baby, I'll be....WORLD CHAMPIONS" voice over.

I used to watch the ESPN Cheerleading Championships in the early 80's, and I was hooked!!! My little sister fell into school cheerleading, and i just watched and learned, was Tumbling like crazy, and started coaching in 84.... Went to camps, and learned everything that i could Coached every youth team, Junior High and High School Team in my hometown in Ohio, became really good for the time and started choreo, and Camp instruction, and in 96, went right into Allstars, where i have been ever since! I love Cheer and Dance and coaching kids, and can't believe it is my 29th season as a Coach, which is Crazy for me! I always said I never thought I would get to the day where cheer would pay the Mortgage, and CHild Support....:fro:

Fell in love when I was 7 by seeing routines and girls at school talking about it. Still waiting to be able to cheer...

i had just moved into a new town and i no longer wanted to be in boy scouts (yes boy scouts cause i didnt like girly things when i was younger), anyways we were exploring the town and we saw this group of cheerleaders on the side of the road with signs and posters doing double bases for a car wash. naturally we were curious because we had never seen anything like this before so my parents parked the car and went over to talk to the owner and the rest is history.

my mom put me in dance when i was 4 or 5 and i really didnt like it lol and i remember one day getting out of practice and seeing the gymnasts (the gym i used to go to had gymnastics, swim, taekwandoe, and dance) and i was amazed by thier "flips". So i did tumbling for a veryyy long time and couldnt even get my backhandspring. One day we ran into a good friend who we hadnt seen in a long time and my mom was talking to her about how i just couldnt get my backhandspring. The people we were talking to told us about the cheer gym they went to and said i should come take tumbling there because the coaches were really good. A few months later i started taking tumbling from the gym and i ended up starting allstar cheer and here i am two years later working on my lv 4 skills :)

Well my mom and all of her best friends were cheerleading coaches before I was born so I have been around it my entire life! I was sitting at practices in my car seat! When i was a toddler I became the girls "mascot" that was in a mini cheer uniform and they would love to stunt with me! Then I cheered for pop Warner when I was old enough and started gymnastics! Sometime when I was in elementary school my mom and her friends opened an Allstar gym so i cheered there! One of our coaches at the gym drove an hour north to be on this open team at an amazing program Brandon Allstars and the connection between the two gyms started to grow and our gym in Sarasota eventually became Brandon Allstars south! I think that last about 3-4 seasons and then the south location was closed & all of us moved up to the Brandon gym and my first year up there (my senior year in high school) I was on sr coed 4 (silver) and BSB :) loved it so much and was so upset I didn't go up there until my senior year I super seniored on white the next season and then the following season since my birthday fell in the age range when I was a sophomore in college I filled in on BSWag and the restricted 5 team sr platinum when they needed me! Now I am a coach :)

I went to see the original Bring It On for a friends 13th birthday party. I pretty much thought that cheerleading was just pom poms and silly dancing up to that point and so naturally I was obsessed with cheerleading after that. Fast forward a year later to high school. I tried out for my high school cheerleading team with 150 other girls who had also just experienced the Bring It On phenomenon. Needless to say I didn't make the team. I worked really hard that year on my fitness, jumps and tumbling and tried out again the following year and made it. 12 years later I am so proud to call cheerleading my career. This sport had changed my life for the better and taught me that hard work always pays off and it feels so good to be able to pass that on to my athletes!

My mom told me I would get to go to Disneyland for a competition. I was sold. My very first team didn't have a gym and practiced in the grass. After my first competition, I saw the higher level senior teams and said "I want to be a real cheerleader" (I was on show team). I thought I had achieved being a "real cheerleader" the next year when I went to an actual gym....much to my surprise, I was not yet a "real cheerleader" as F5 was absolutely mind blowing to me. I said "I wanna be like them". Now I have had the privilege to be on some incredible teams at amazing programs and I only hope little girls see my team and are inspired to be like us one day, the way F5 inspired me.

My daughter started her cheer career when she was 5. My older daughter wanted to cheer "reeeaaaaal baaaaaaddddd moooooooommmmmm!!!!" So I figured my little one could be a mascot for her rec team. But because she was age eligible for the youngest team, she was placed on that team. She was sold from day 1 and started all star 2 years later.

As for the one who just had to cheer? She quit before the beginning of comp season and is now a competitive figure skater.

My cp is now 11 and working on her full. She amazes me every time I watch her practice.

Feeling totally sappy now....

Back