All-Star What Happened To The Cheer In All Star Cheer Routines?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 23, 2013
A fellow coach didn't believe me when I said I haven't seen/heard a cheer in a routine in at least 3 years and that everything seemed to be voice overs now.

No score for it = a waste of time. There's too much to pack into a routine to have several 8 counts shouting words and doing motions. The only team in our gym that says a cheer is our tiny team.

At my gym it just kind of faded out. First we had the cheer, then a motion sequence but with no words, and then nothing

I love when teams still have their cheer as a voice over in their routines. CA Panthers had it back a while ago (I think the year they won Worlds in small senior?), some CEA team had theirs a few years ago too (I want to say it was their international team) and I know I have a few 2010(?) Georgia All Stars mixes where they do their cheer as a VO.

i have never seen an allstar team do one, but rec and high school do.

pittsburgh poison is comin through your area, causin mass hysteria!

I remember when my daughter first started way back when (2006-ish), they had a small cheer section. I do find it kind of odd though that it is All Star CHEERleading with no cheer. I miss the cheers!

Even a lot of rec teams have dropped the cheer. CP's team did it two years ago, and it was dated then. They were full on --stop the music, pick up the poms and signs, cheer, restart the music. Some do still do the motions/voiceover.

CP's team has the program cheer in their music. They actually did motions to it up until right before Cheersport. The coaches needed more counts to work with though, so they just made that part the load-ins to their stunts.

Back