All-Star What Happened To The Cheer In All Star Cheer Routines?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just watched some old worlds videos

We are extreme all stars, the best ever, teal black and white, now and forever

Cheer athletics, go blue go black go white. The best of the best, alright!

The crowd goes wild, you can't get enough of the famous and legendary, World Cup!

:)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The name of our sport is "cheerleading," and as long as sideline cheerleading exists, regardless of the fact that allstar cheerleading has removed cheers, we will never be taken seriously by a majority of the general public.
renaming of the sport would help too.

renaming of the sport would help too.
That's why there's A&T now..

I remember in my short lived All Star career our team tried so hard to yell over the music when we had our "cheer" section. It was similar to Cheer Athletic's cheer: The best is back. You know who we are. Blue, green and white *clap clap* Go Stars! :p God how I miss All Stars!

When we actually yelled the cheer we were "spirit of missouri, shhh, say no more, cuz we're once, twice, three times better than we've ever been before. Yeah!" And then "spirit of missouri, #1 elite, you will soon find out, that we're the team to beat. Yeah!" I still know my motions from them... :cool:

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Also, ACE has a cheer, but few teams use it in the routine.

Used to be:

Red, black, gold and white
The pride of Alabama
Go Tribe!
ACE!

Now:

Red, black, gold and white
The Spirit of the South
Go Tribe!
ACE!

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

NCAA Acro and Tumbling is quite different from All Star cheer. It's a natural offshoot sport, but still very different. To me, it's much more gymnastics based. Completely different focus on form, dismounts, etc.
and thats what cheer should be more focused on.....

and thats what cheer should be more focused on.....
Do you think kids would be as interested if the meets were like A&T? Have you seen the empty stands at the meets? CP enjoys tumbling, stunting, and dance. However, I don't think she would have invested herself in training for A&T. Gymnastics, maybe, since we started there about the same time as rec sideline cheer. She thrives on All Star cheer and works her butt off. She doesn't care one bit what people think of it, she knows it's a sport regardless of what it's called.

I do admire AS gyms who teach excellent technique. I think every gym should aspire to the same. But to tear down the whole system and reincarnate as A&T? No thanks.

Back