All-Star What Happened To The Cheer In All Star Cheer Routines?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Speaking of A&T. The meet (match?) between Baylor and Quinnipiac's live stream will begin shortly

Quinnipiac
I will be watching. CP is out fishing with her dad and brother. I'm hoping they come home with trout for dinner!

Wow, feed is not nearly as clean as the OU meet I last watched. And quite an annoying whine in the sound. I think I'm gonna have to mute :(

Last edited:
I heard somewhere that in order to offiially be called a sport, cheerleading needs to become less similar to gymnastics, and move towards its original form, and that Cheers are coming back.
Not sure wether that's just ICU or IASF aswell....

All I know is Sweden has always had a cheer in routines and on score sheets, and will most likely continue to have it, though most gyms and cheerleaders here want to get rid off it.
I don't mind them, but I don't love them either. Would rather use the counts for an extra stunt sequence....

Do you think kids would be as interested if the meets were like A&T? Have you seen the empty stands at the meets? CP enjoys tumbling, stunting, and dance. However, I don't think she would have invested herself in training for A&T. Gymnastics, maybe, since we started there about the same time as rec sideline cheer. She thrives on All Star cheer and works her butt off. She doesn't care one bit what people think of it, she knows it's a sport regardless of what it's called.

I do admire AS gyms who teach excellent technique. I think every gym should aspire to the same. But to tear down the whole system and reincarnate as A&T? No thanks.
no no i didnt say anything about changing the way meets were run because me as a cheerleader love competing to a routine but i just think any new name instead of cheerleading would help the sport get recognition thats all. i dont know the whole business side of changing a sports legal name i was just throwing an idea out there

Do you think kids would be as interested if the meets were like A&T? Have you seen the empty stands at the meets? CP enjoys tumbling, stunting, and dance. However, I don't think she would have invested herself in training for A&T. Gymnastics, maybe, since we started there about the same time as rec sideline cheer. She thrives on All Star cheer and works her butt off. She doesn't care one bit what people think of it, she knows it's a sport regardless of what it's called.

I do admire AS gyms who teach excellent technique. I think every gym should aspire to the same. But to tear down the whole system and reincarnate as A&T? No thanks.

1. The NCATA has created a format that works within the frame of collegiate athletics. The 2.5 minute routine is still a part of the format. However, to travel (airfare/bus), pay medical personnel, feed and provide hotels for 150 seconds does not make sense to a budget.
2. A and T is not intruding on the All Star experience but rather, expanding viable opportunities for both All Star athletes and gymnasts who participate in the very same skill sets prior to their collegiate career. If one were to go the Athletic websites of every University supporting the sport, click on the sport reported roster, the athletes coming from All Stars is incredible. It is great that athletes who train in these skill sets have choices.
3. The meets are in fact very well attended. This is a head to head match up… not an event with 10 teams at the same time. Even 10 teams with 2.5 minutes would make game day less than a half hour.

1. The NCATA has created a format that works within the frame of collegiate athletics. The 2.5 minute routine is still a part of the format. However, to travel (airfare/bus), pay medical personnel, feed and provide hotels for 150 seconds does not make sense to a budget.
2. A and T is not intruding on the All Star experience but rather, expanding viable opportunities for both All Star athletes and gymnasts who participate in the very same skill sets prior to their collegiate career. If one were to go the Athletic websites of every University supporting the sport, click on the sport reported roster, the athletes coming from All Stars is incredible. It is great that athletes who train in these skill sets have choices.
3. The meets are in fact very well attended. This is a head to head match up… not an event with 10 teams at the same time. Even 10 teams with 2.5 minutes would make game day less than a half hour.
I did not at all mean to knock NCATA. Matter of fact, I'd love to see my daughter participate if her skills match up in a few years. It's easy to see why gymnasts and cheerleaders form the talent base for the sport. However, every other NCAA sport, I think, has some direct youth counterpart. Not so with A&T. Will that begin to grow within gymnastics programs? Will AS programs start strictly A&T teams? It will be interesting to see how the sport develops.

The whole world missed us!
but now we're back!
pride of the south!
in the purple and black!
GEORGIA!

or something like that :D

Im so glad its gone....... motion sections are sufficient for me.... Save the cheering for those on the sidelines

Back