All-Star What Happens To Trophies?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I also don't think anyone is impressed with the shear number of trophies a gym earns. I think it mostly just becomes clutter. Yes its great to keep your best trophies and banners and put them on display, but I could care less that you are showcasing your 8th place trophy from the ImRich Classic.

When I watched Jersey Cheer, the coach gave the trophy to the "MVP" so to speak to take home and keep.

I think that is a great idea, I would personally love to have a trophy to keep and show off.

that's what i was going to say. we didn't do this with the trophies, it was just kind of a title so to speak. but every competition my coach would pick out an MVP from every team. the athlete that really rocked a performance, drew attention, hit a skill they were struggling with, overcame something, etc. something like that. you could do this, and the kid you pick would get the trophy. :)

I also don't think anyone is impressed with the shear number of trophies a gym earns. I think it mostly just becomes clutter.

Worlds, Cheersport, NCA, UCA, Jamfest first place trophies will probably always stay at ACE. However, once a competition is over, most (if not all) of the athletes & coaches are thinking about "next."

I also don't think anyone is impressed with the shear number of trophies a gym earns. I think it mostly just becomes clutter. Yes its great to keep your best trophies and banners and put them on display, but I could care less that you are showcasing your 8th place trophy from the ImRich Classic.

Especially when you don't even have to do anything, heck you get a trophy for just showing up anymore :/

How sad would it be if we all got shimmys just for logging in?

Our old gym 'rebranded' the old trophies and awarded them after clinics etc. We have at least one 'best jumper' or something like that kicking around:)
Actually now that I think about it,
I think that this 'rebranding' in conjunction with the previously mentioned removal of brass plates to a singular plaque is a great idea of recycling :)
Let me tell you from personal experience there is no easier way to recruit a younger kiddo than to give them a trophy at a clinic or try out!

We don't have our own facility, so the coaches(which sometimes means ME :D) take home the trophies.

I can tell you right now that 'excessive trophy giving' leads to MUCHO clutter..as a soon-to-be 22 year old with YEARS in competitive dance/athletics, I have more trophies than any one person needs. And what happened? I keep a few of my big ones (my 1st places or second if it was a big comp) and the rest are currently sitting in a container next to my dresser..if there was a way to recycle them so they're not in a landfill, I'd gladly do it! EPs, save yourself some cash and leave trophies for the top 3-5 (depending on the prestige of the nationals). Give everyone medals if you want them to feel special for showing up..

Back