All-Star What Have You Learned From Cheer This Past Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That every flyer's mother should love their athlete's backspot (AKA, life-saver.)

I learned that my flyer last year was mt favorite flyer ever & got super close!!! And her mom is also the bestt mom ever! <3 <3 <3 you mamarazzi

I also learned I could be on every team in the gym and still survive the whole season :) haha
#sachaafiercee #beastbackspot

"one more time", "UNO mas", & "do it again" all mean do it until coach is happy &is subject to change

watching your team perform without you while injured is the absolute worst.

Don't give up, ever.

Do everything for the team, not for yourself.

The ice family is amazing in every way.

I learned that if your Worlds music says you're getting a repeat, it may not be guaranteed

As a coach I've learned that I need to praise athletes more for things they do right. I've noticed the better the athlete the less I acknowledge what they do well, because I expect it from them.

This year I'm also learning not to compare teams to last year. I keep reminding myself its a new set of kids and to not get frustrated that they don't pick up as quickly!

That a full paid bid to worlds is still a partial And that if you win a trip to England it only means that half your team gets to fund raise and go and you will have to work a clinic once you are there that the EP charged a nice fee to the people in attendance.

In other words, That it is business as usual

This year, for the first time in my life, after cheering for 8 seasons, I have learned what a REAL team is like. I learned what its like to truly love your gym, and to care for every member on your team like they are your siblings. Yes, sometimes we got on each others nerves, but we came back together and always became stronger in the end.

Sometimes you will put up with way more than you ever thought you could for your kid to finish her dream.

As a coach, I've realized that just because a team starts out slow, or isn't immediately where you think they need to be, doesn't mean they won't have a successful year. My Sr3 kept gaining ground all year and it ended up being the best year of my coaching career. Drilling basics and fundamentals really DOES pay off.

Back