All-Star What Is Everyone's Favorite Part Of Beginning Season?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

my favorite part would be the little "hints "that people post on Facebook and twitter about there new routines and wondering what they actually do and what there routine looks like

This is my first season as a parent and not a coach, and I just love every little thing - my cp's tiny team has learned a total of three 8-counts and they are fierce! They did them at the end of the last practice and everyone in the gym watched and clapped, and after practice, cp comes up to me and says, with the biggest smile, "The people all clapped for *me*, Mommy! I love cheerleading! When can we do it again so people can clap for me??"

New apparel. Getting it all is like Cheer Christmas.

My favorite part is always hearing the music and getting to work on my skills. We dont get a ton of time during the season to work on our tumbling skills that aren;t in the routine, like arabians and fulls and such. During the Summer, we get all the time we need pretty much to work on practically any skill.
Also, I love meeting all of the new cheerleaders! Whether they're a level 1 youth girl to a level 5 senior aged kid, I love meeting them and welcoming them into our family. :]

My least favorite part is DEFINITELY the kids missing practice. I know that kids need to have vacation and blahblahblah, but I mean... Missing 3 weeks? :/ I think I've missed a total of 3 practices, including last season and this Summer. I understand that people have things to do but that just seems like so much time lost to me.

Learning the routine and working on new stunts! I loveeee choreography, and I like stunting in the summer because there's no rush to "get it before comp" you can just experiment with new groups, new positions, and new stunts and it's fun instead of frustrating!

Shimmy to infinity.

I'm fine with a family vacation, but the ones that "take the summer off" drive me batty. What about your teammates who DIDN'T take the summer off, or couldn't work on the stunting skill they wanted to because someone chose to be on the team and then also chose not to show up?

A team is only as strong as its least committed member. If you don't want to give the same level of commitment as your teammates....then don't commit.
This.

As a mom, one of my favorite things is meeting all the other parents on the team. I also love reuniting with the ones who were on cp's team last season. I really enjoy watching the team begin to work together as a unit and seeing their skills evolve.

Not an excuse. I work a full time job, and am at the gym 4 days a week. During the summer, you have cheer between 5 and 10 hours a week and that's it for most of these kids. Make it work.

This is so true.

I cannot stand when people miss practice it drives me CRAZY.

My daughter was at the gym 24 hours last week and she is 7 and she cries if I don't take her to open gym. I wasn't going to take her last week since she did the camp but she itches to go. And these aren't open gyms at our gym so it's not like she is going with friends, she is going to work. And when kids can't show up for 5 hours of practice during a week for a season they committed to... It angers me. Luckily this gym doesn't close for holidays and they aren't a pushover with attendance but I have been there before! I totally agree with
Andrea about the practices! Lol

my cp last week:
Monday 3 hour tumble camp/ 1 hour tumble class

Tuesday 3 hour tumble camp/ 2 hour practice

Wednesday 3 hour tumble camp/1.5 hours open gym

Thursday 3 hour tumble camp/ 2 hour practice/ 1.5hrs open gym

Friday 2 hours open gym

Saturday 1 hour stretch class/ 1 hour open gym

Btw she has not missed a practice, open gym, tumbling class, or stretch class since we been here. She has only missed 1 practice in 3 seasons and she even did 2 teams last year. I honestly don't think I'm going to let her ever miss because I know how angry I get when others ain't there!:/

Eta: oh yeah my favorite part is when the beginning of the season ends and competition season starts!! That is the best time of year!

Debuting your routine at the first competition of the season especially when you know its gonna blow them outta the water... and then the icing on top when it hits! BOOM... now thats how you start a season!

This is so true.

I cannot stand when people miss practice it drives me CRAZY.

My daughter was at the gym 24 hours last week and she is 7 and she cries if I don't take her to open gym. I wasn't going to take her last week since she did the camp but she itches to go. And these aren't open gyms at our gym so it's not like she is going with friends, she is going to work. And when kids can't show up for 5 hours of practice during a week for a season they committed to... It angers me. Luckily this gym doesn't close for holidays and they aren't a pushover with attendance but I have been there before!
I agree. I broke both my arms the first season I cheered and I only missed one practice the entire season - because I was in surgery. People who miss drive me crazy. One vacation? Okay. But when people go on multiple vacations every summer, seriously?? I have had practice everyday all summer and I haven't missed a single one. My family has planned our vacations around my cheer schedule for the last 6 years. It drives me crazy when other people don't make the same commitment. It's expected when you sign up for something that practices all summer...

My favorite part is Choreography Camp! We come sometime in September and we learn our routine in two days! I'm really excited this year because i think I'll be point for jumps (not for sure, but they were considering me) and i'm REALLY excited for that! :)

my favorite part has got to be learning pyramid!
its my favorite section of all routines :)

Back