All-Star What Is Important To You At An Events?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

1. Please have good, safe competition floors and warm up areas.
2. Personally I like dark arenas, lighted elevated stages and priority seating. If you are having two performance areas, 3. Please have plenty of competent medical staff on site. I once spent 10 minutes of warmups looking for someone with a bandaid. Imagine if something had really been wrong!
4. This year WSF brought encore to our area.please have them be equally good unless you are charging youth teams less for entry fees! At awards they replayed some routes and winning choreography etc. It took longer (a negative) but at least teams could see the routines that beat them etc
5. I agree about having replay right off the floor-super helpful to see and fix things for day 2.
6. Personally I have started steering friends and family toward the comps with no admission fee. I hate saying 'come see my kid' and then telling them to each bring $20 cash to get in so I end up buying their admissions and that really adds up. For non cheer people $20 admission to watch 2:30 is a bit steep!
7. Parent dance things are silly and are usually a cover for slow score processing. Same for trivia questions.
8. I would be your best friend if you got concession stands to offer some kind of breakfasts!
9. My cp wants to say that there can never be enough dippin dots!
10. Please make sure your photographers know what thy are doing if you intent to restrict parent photography. Expensive pics stink but crappy expensive pics are the worst!
11. Videos as competitor gifts are awesome. Your logo, brand and the money you've invested in your stage dressing will live on with every replay! Whereas an itchy scarf will die a slow death at the bottom of a cheer at until mom tosses it out.

Thanks for asking! It means a lot that you care :)

I left out the bolded bullets off my list.... they are also VIP!! Especially the one about one beautiful set up in one hall and then the second one being ghetto.... Its totally unfair to those parents & kids! they pay the same price and deserve the same treatment!
Also.... I noticed at some comps that you had to purchase the photos on site and they would not be available on line.... whats up with that??

kinda like the jam LIVE! competitions? minus the whole going to rule the "leader lounge" until your score is beaten thing.

Yes. And would eliminate all complaints about peoples reactions at awards.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

A lot of people are mentioning warm-ups. Mainly the time of the warm-ups. I think the timeline of warm-ups should follow the timeline of Worlds warm-ups. I am not sure of what the time on each mat is exactly at Worlds, but every competition should follow this schedule. Simply because this is what we are ultimately competing for so why not try to make warm-ups the same. Its frustrating for coaches to have to make sure their athletes know that the time on each mat will be different at each competition. Some teams even practice warm-ups for each competition because they vary so much. So in my opinion make the time on each mat the same as Worlds. Then in my opinion 10 minutes is a reasonable amount of time to put between warm-ups and performing.

Worlds is 1 mat for 10 minutes

kinda like the jam LIVE! competitions? minus the whole going to rule the "leader lounge" until your score is beaten thing.

I didn't realize Jam Live did this. That's actually pretty cool.

I mean seriously, it's not like I go to a swim meet and they hide all the times until the end of the night. Not sure why announcing scores within a few minutes of the performance is such a big deal.

A lot of people are mentioning warm-ups. Mainly the time of the warm-ups. I think the timeline of warm-ups should follow the timeline of Worlds warm-ups. I am not sure of what the time on each mat is exactly at Worlds, but every competition should follow this schedule. Simply because this is what we are ultimately competing for so why not try to make warm-ups the same. Its frustrating for coaches to have to make sure their athletes know that the time on each mat will be different at each competition. Some teams even practice warm-ups for each competition because they vary so much. So in my opinion make the time on each mat the same as Worlds. Then in my opinion 10 minutes is a reasonable amount of time to put between warm-ups and performing.

Lets please not use Worlds as the example to follow in regards to warmups. There are many other events that do that much more effectively.

I'd like to add - Clear registration - Why go through all the e-mails and payments to have to resign something that was lost on show up to an unorganized registration.
Also- and I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned, MUSIC!!! NO MORE CD'S!!! iTouch/pad/pod OR better yet, best system EVER, NCA - pre-downloaded so all you have to do is push a space bar. I'll think of more...

Lets please not use Worlds as the example to follow in regards to warmups. There are many other events that do that much more effectively.

While they dont handle it well don't we want it to be consistent. With the limited amount of space they use for warm-ups I think even the small competitions could follow the same structure. While it may not be an optimum way to do warm-ups it is how Worlds chooses to do it and I would like my athletes doing the same thing all year round, not something new each competition.

NCAs way of doing the music is hands down the best. No worrying you'll skip OR have to worry about bringing and forgetting a CD.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

While they dont handle it well don't we want it to be consistent. With the limited amount of space they use for warm-ups I think even the small competitions could follow the same structure. While it may not be an optimum way to do warm-ups it is how Worlds chooses to do it and I would like my athletes doing the same thing all year round, not something new each competition.
Worlds does a lot of things other comps don't do (ex CD's cough cough) etc etc. I would think this thread would be a way for comps to be more consistent and hopefully Worlds would change to fit them not always the other way around. Worlds has its flaws.

Worlds does a lot of things other comps don't do (ex CD's cough cough) etc etc. I would think this thread would be a way for comps to be more consistent and hopefully Worlds would change to fit them not always the other way around. Worlds has its flaws.

I completely agree worlds has its own flaws. All I want is consistency. This is really impossible with all the different EPs but I agree worlds could also change to fit the industry standards.

As a parent i want to see lower entry fees. where kids are free. i don't mind paying for my husband and myself to get in, but i hate paying for my 10 year old and 6 year old boys who sit against the wall playing their DS...LOL. we also are happy to forgo gifts to lower entry fees.

i personally HATE dark loud arenas, it takes me to that special crazy place.

Accurate judging, where execution matters as much as difficulty.

No awards ceremony shenanigans...i do not mind jump offs or stunt offs, that focus on skill...

i do like specialty awards: high point, grand champ, for sure, but also the ones that single out individual athletes and allow them some special recognition.

I want the music as loud as it can be. I want my kids to hear it, I want the judges to hear every lil DING or BOING that we paid for. If the music is too loud for you, sorry, I always try to find a way to have the music guy turn it up. Nothing is worse than kids on the floor not hearing the music.

One thing that I like to see as a parent is a FREE line-up listing. I hate it when I pay the fees, pay to park, pay to get in (or not) then have to pay $7-10 for a program that is not much more than a color copied piece of paper because I didn't remember to bring my print out.
I'll second the healthy food options, but that may be more in the hands of the venue. I don't know

I'd like to shimmy this one 3000 times. Come on. $20 for admission and I can't even get a piece of paper with the comp schedule on it.

Back