All-Star What Is Your Cost?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

About 3,000 for small gym not including travel. Just about everything but travel, shoes, uni, and warm ups are broken into payments ($255/mo x 10.5 months) and she is receiving 8 hours/week of instruction. The tryout fee was $40 but included either one or both evaluation 2 hour clinics. We have 6 comps but King of the Jungle and BATB will be the only 2 needing a hotel. I have also wondered about the cost of other gyms so thanks for this thread, I would say your gym is right on.
6 comps ? Is that all, thats alot of $$$ for only 6 competitions

It's $190 + $40 for crossover + $25 for extra tumbling class. That's for make up, classes, camps, bows, practice wear, comp fees, other fees, and music. I should have put that in there.

Cheer is definitely on the higher end of the expensive sport spectrum. I work for the PITT hockey team and deal with a lot of their expenses and after calculating it out per athlete minus travel, it's about $3300... plus anything extra they want to buy, aka custom pads, helmets, etc. I used to pay about 2800 for a smaller gym in NY but I haven't cheered in two years so I'm sure that price is different now but when you start comparing it... cheerleading is pricey.

$65 per month (the tiny team has a reduced fee, other teams pay more), music/choreo/registration/insurance/comp fees for 5 comps was about $650-$700... So for 10 months it's less than $1500. Uniforms were $250, practice wear was just a team shirt and sports bra (about $30 total), warm ups were $50.

ETA - smallish (125-150 athletes), two spring floors, tumbl trak, tumble strip, teams always have the floor to themselves except if extra practices are called right before comp.

Medium sized gym. Apprx $3100 not including uni or travel. And this season we have 5 out of town competitions. We get new unis every 2-3 years and they run around $300. Also they periodically get new warm ups (mandatory) and those are usually around $200.

In addition to SheCheers this is a break down of those costs!!!!

Tuition $150 a month x 12 = $1800 (2 two hour practices, and a 1 hour tumbling class) - the tumbling class is only included during school year!

Competition fees $966 (for 10 competitions)
Choreo $ 300
Practice wear $ 175

Mandatory if you don't already have:
Uniform $300
Bra $ 25 (if needed per athlete :))
Bow $ 10
Make-up $ 40 (it was estimated at $15 but with stickers when we purchased came out higher)
Shoes $ 70
Warm-ups $200?

Totals $3886

If your kid is a flyer like mine (& SheCheers) it's $50 a month extra so add $600 for stretch class.

5 of our competitions are travel and stay comps so that's hotels, food, and gas not included.

I know there was a registration or sign up fee but don't remember amount,

We also purchased optional bag I believe it was $30!

Hope this helps!!!!

We are a med size gym (I guess). Probably around 150 athletes.

$3500 Total team fees, tuition, choreo
$350-400 for uniform & shoes if needed
$2000 tumble, flight, flex classes for 12 months (cp takes 2 tumble classes per week)

7 comps this year (3 out of state that require hotels). One of those will require a flight or long drive (which I don't do).

So just under $4000 to cheer at the minimum without classes or travel expenses. I will not add in my gas since the gym is 40 min away and I like my world of denial too. This was enough for me.

Oh, and the hubby will NOT be seeing this post. EVER.

We are a med size gym (I guess). Probably around 150 athletes.

$3500 Total team fees, tuition, choreo
$350-400 for uniform & shoes if needed
$2000 tumble, flight, flex classes for 12 months (cp takes 2 tumble classes per week)

7 comps this year (3 out of state that require hotels). One of those will require a flight or long drive (which I don't do).

So just under $4000 to cheer at the minimum without classes or travel expenses. I will not add in my gas since the gym is 40 min away and I like my world of denial too. This was enough for me.

Oh, and the hubby will NOT be seeing this post. EVER.

We have to add $60, average, in gas per practice, but it is what our kids love. Been in for about 10 years, my husband turned a blind eye in the first year,lol!

We have to add $60, average, in gas per practice, but it is what our kids love. Been in for about 10 years, my husband turned a blind eye in the first year,lol!

That's like 15+ gallons per practice! You either have a horribly inefficient car or are driving like 200 miles each way to practice.

Wow 12stepCheermom!!! It is probably better to pay up front anyway..... I wonder does everyone total up what they spend in a season??? Does make you wonder though!!!:fro:
It might be better on cash flow during the year (which is why we did it) but well never pay up front again.

I don't really want to know what we pay each year which us horribly irresponsible I guess. With two I would suspect it's about $7500 a year without travel expenses. I feel it is a valuable experience in a positive environment which is so infrequent for kids these days. I always know where my kids are and who they are with. I like to say " it's cheaper than rehab."

Back