All-Star What stunts annoy you!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

when people only put heel stretches in their routine and no scorpians. it shows you have a split, but it doesnt show your back flexibility. then when people try to push the legal rules... like lets say level one loading in one leg 1/2 up, after seeing it 10 times being done on the mat, i get pretty bored watching it. then the level 2 "tick tocks" get old after seeing it a million times too...

body positions and flexibility have no standards in judging. unfortunately.

are you sure? because one year at worlds a judge wrote on our scoresheet "work on flexibility in stunts" and every single one of our flyers was really flexible. Maybe that's just at worlds though.

are you sure? because one year at worlds a judge wrote on our scoresheet "work on flexibility in stunts" and every single one of our flyers was really flexible. Maybe that's just at worlds though.

They didn't say work on the way you pull you scorpion (that would be a standard) but just work on flexibility.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

double dipping for any stunt. As in, hitting a heel stretch, going to a squish, dip, dip, extension, double down.
Is it necessary to "double dip" in any stunt? Someone please tell me if it is.

also, I hate stunts that try to show off the bases. For example, I have seen a team do an full, and then the bases had to hold the flyer with one hand, while the other hand was in a high V. I would rather see a flyer do some kind of thing with her hands, than see a level 2 base hold her with one hand. Scary!

If a team is pulling really open scorps or really low stretches, I will write on the score sheet "Work on flexibility". If a team has crappy technique (grabbing ankles etc) I'll write that in too. It's difficult to get it all in the small space that is provided and still watch the whole routine. I look at my score sheets and realize that even my bf couldn't pick my score sheet out of a line up because my handwriting on them is so sloppy!

libs. teams going up and hitting a straight lib then sloppy janky looking cradle after.
i want to kick everyone on that team when i see that

cradles after any level two 'elite' section-scorp, scale, aerobesque, ect. does not look good! and it usually makes the flyer bend their leg to clear the space between her bases/her.

when a stunt is supposed to be an 'awesome' or a cupie, and flyers feet are apart.

when backspot's are grabbing basically right under the flyer's butt in level two elites.

360 full up, tick tocks. hehe. just kidding.

i don't like it when flyers pull up their heel stretch rather than kicking it up. i also don't like double twist baskets. they just aren't that pretty to me.

the scorp when one hand is actually holding the foot and the other is holding the wrist or arm that holds the foot bc the flyer isnt flexible enough. so so ugly.

level 2 prep ankle stretches, are the most ugly things i have ever seen. stretch the girl! shes clearly small&young enough to where if she started stretching now, she could be doing more advanced stunts in a few seasons. gosh

Not a fan of arabesques at all in a routine unless the team all does them the same. I think Pumas and Top Gun are two of the only teams that I really enjoy seeing arabesques from. They are just all perfect looking instead of all over the place.

When the stunt sequence just goes really fast and it seems rushed. Last year WCSS's stunt seemed like it went really fast. I know it was probably because of the music I just would have enjoyed it more if they didn't do it so quickly.

When a stunt will go straight up instead of a (full up, ball up, etc) and is in the front. I feel like if that stunt is not going to do what the others do then put them in the back until they can get the stunt down pat like everyone else.

Sloppy double downs makes me cringe.

Back