All-Star What stunts annoy you!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

grabbing bow and arrows by the ankle...just annoys me.

YES. Just, the angles that are created there are so awkward. I don't like it at all. Pretty much all of them are flexible enough to grab their feet, I don't know why they don't.

I wanted to add level 2 stunts where the flyer basically SITS on the backspots hand, like some kind of awkward chair sit. I spent some time in level 2 back in the day, and I realize those stunts are hard at prep level, especially for older girls. But I HATE seeing a flyer pull her stretch and stick her butt out so far that the backspot basically one mans the stunt to keep it from falling. What are you going to do when you move up a level and extend those stunts?

I absolutely HATE bad heel stretches and scorpions. They look horrible and sloppy in the air. If the flyer isn't flexible enough, then they should get someone else. I also don't like sloppy cradles where flyers legs are apart and she's not tight at all.

In heel stretches and bow and arrows, when flyers grab their foot then pull it up, instead of kicking it up!

embarrassingly poor flexibility. i get it if your spike isn't quite up to par, but if you cant hit a heel stretch you should not be flying.
flyers that hit high v's before hitting body positions or libs. like *hit high v* *kick stretch to arm* i think its to try to balance? regardless i hate it.
bent leg scales. bent legs in general actually.
and i just dont personally like twisting from libs. its awkward.

Double downs from libs bug me.

Faked "full ups" AKA 180's and bases turn underneath. (in lv 5.)

Hate it when they hold a body position for like 5, 8 counts ughhh * stretch on 1.. hold till 7*

Rushed stunts sections..
WCSS 2010
Rock Solid Coed 07-08 ?? i think (worlds version)

i think stars stunt sections are always fast. they hit their body positions and move on. and i think its REALLY hard to hit a body position and double 2 counts later.

Bad technique/form. I actually think that a pretty arabesque separates the good teams from the great..even I can do an arabesque and I have the hip flexibility of an 80-year-old woman. It's not hard to make them pretty, people.

I forgot- Arabesques where flyers legs are not 90 degrees ewwww!!!!

And Arabesques that go up and down! You hold it, and you don't let it move.

I absolutely hate double twist baskets. I've never seen one that looks good. They just look awful.

I have a lot of pet peeves when it comes to stunting, but most were already posted. Here are some I didn't see posted.
When a flyer hits a scorpion to an arabesque and the leg drops low and they bring it back to level.
Dropping chest in arabesque to make the leg higher.
And for some reason I hate 3 flyer pyramids that have two heel stretches going to the outside. I don't know why, but they drive me crazy.

Back