All-Star What stunts annoy you!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just to add to mine earlier...
At our 1st comp we got bested by a team that one of their flyers was so unflexible she was tilted sideways to grab her scorp...the back base was having to hold her side just to keep her from toppling over. It was probably the ugliest stunt I've ever seen, the rec teams looked better...after the comp cp said "Umm yeah that will be the one and ONLY time they beat us..." lol

adding to mine also.... i hate when teams don't square off in the double downs and just double down to the side. some gyms teach you to do this, but that is improper technique IMO, and teachers the flyer to dive which is dangerous.

I don't know why, but the fake backflips in level 3 pyramids when the backspot has the flyer's ankles and the bases are holding her back, and then they flip her over. I think I've just seen it too much. Not as much this year though.

I don't know why, but the fake backflips in level 3 pyramids when the backspot has the flyer's ankles and the bases are holding her back, and then they flip her over. I think I've just seen it too much. Not as much this year though.
Obsessed with your username. hahaha

I have no idea why, but I hate when groups set for baskets over their head.

How about teams that STILL fly on the left leg? EEW

And I also hate when Level 2 or 3 stunts cradle out of side one-legs (scorp, scale, arabesque) and BEND the leg when they swing it through.. EEW

Or any time a lib is in the air and it's not part of a tick tock

I also hate stunts that are overused- like the level 3 yo yo or the handstand to shoulder sit for level 2

At SC it felt like every team was doing those handstand to shoulder sits, every time we saw one we would bust up laughing!

and when a group drops a stunt and just stands there and pouts or even worse, yells at someone else in the group while competing. Also when they drop a stunt early in the sequence they dont put it back up if there is clearly enough time to make it up.

I know a few people have said that it bugs them when backspots are holding so high up on the leg during prep level stunts, but it bugs me even more when the backspot completely had the ability to save that prep level stunt and he/she is just chillin holding the ankle while the stunt falls.

I hate when the backspot is holding the flyers ankle in a switch up it just doesn't give the same effect

I hate when the backspot is holding the flyers ankle in a switch up it just doesn't give the same effect

this really should only be done in level 3, because that is what makes it legal
if the backspot is doing that in 4+ level routine and its obvious.. then someones not getting credit! i agree though it does not look as good

most things have been said before, but i REALLY hate when you can see that the flyers foot is completely solid, yet they bail out of the stunt because they dropped their scorpion or were late on the counts - you can catch up!

switch ups. after seeing just about every team do them last season, they're just so bleh to me

I hate switchups no matter how its choreagraphed in a sequence i hate them!
The full twisting baskets most level 3's do
When flyers tumble into a stunt and hesitate
When connectors in pyramids look for the foot/arm HATE THAT!

Random, but I hate it when coaches try to choreagrahy fierceness, either its natural or its forced and looks tragic.;

Back