All-Star What stunts annoy you!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can't stand it when level 5 or senior teams hold the last body position in the stunt for a whole 8 count..and it really bugs me if they only full down out of it!

I hate it when flyers don't even try to connect the pyramid. Like their arms are RIGHT THERE & they don't even look for each other to connect..ugh!!! I could just pull out my hair!..lol not really

double dipping for any stunt. As in, hitting a heel stretch, going to a squish, dip, dip, extension, double down.
Is it necessary to "double dip" in any stunt? Someone please tell me if it is.also, I hate stunts that try to show off the bases. For example, I have seen a team do an full, and then the bases had to hold the flyer with one hand, while the other hand was in a high V. I would rather see a flyer do some kind of thing with her hands, than see a level 2 base hold her with one hand. Scary!

It's a "just in case" dip. I hate them too, but I understand why coaches put them in. I think it should stop at level 3 or 4. Imo double dipping in level 5 is not advanced.

Flyers that don't look fierce in the air. errrr. bent knees drive me crazy, as do crossed legs. My new "annoyance" is what I like to call the "teapot double down." Not something I see very often, but a flyer on our team does it. The elbows are completely out to the sides, and they look like a teapot spinning. I think the flyer on our team actually doubles down with her hands on her hips.

My new "annoyance" is what I like to call the "teapot double down." Not something I see very often, but a flyer on our team does it. The elbows are completely out to the sides, and they look like a teapot spinning. I think the flyer on our team actually doubles down with her hands on her hips.

I would be terrified to base that

Flyers that don't look fierce in the air. errrr. bent knees drive me crazy, as do crossed legs. My new "annoyance" is what I like to call the "teapot double down." Not something I see very often, but a flyer on our team does it. The elbows are completely out to the sides, and they look like a teapot spinning. I think the flyer on our team actually doubles down with her hands on her hips.

tell the bases to wear those nose mask things just in case. lol. one of our senior teams last year had a girl that crossed her arms across her chest when she doubled and every once in a while those elbows would come out and i'd fear for her bases.

i hate when stunts are falling and arms are flailing.
i would think swinging your arms in circles isn't going to help, just draw more attention to yourself that youre falling.

and as a backspot. i HATE when a stunt falls and the bases are just holding onto the foot and let the backspot catch the whole thing.

and as a backspot. i HATE when a stunt falls and the bases are just holding onto the foot and let the backspot catch the whole thing.

I did this a few weeks ago. I dont know where my mind went but my flyers foot was more important than anything else. Poor backspot caught it all. Not an easy fall.

Back