All-Star What stunts annoy you!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I also don't like the look of paper dolls in pyramids. It just looks awkward.

Also when opposites in a pyramid are really different heights. If a baby and a taller girl are both flying, usually the baby will get the smaller bases, making them look even shorter. A certain small senior team is guilty of this but I won't call them out.

A lot of mine have already been said like, flexibility issues and faking stunts
One that's my own is when you can clearly save a stunt but you just let it fall like "Oh no!! We dropped her!! Oh well!!" I'm like, get your butt in there and save the freaking stunt!! I know you can do it you're just too lazy!!

I actually tell people i coach to NOT put a stunt back in the air. Why risk another deduction? Depending on the competition, you get scored on the difficulty separately than the execution, so you are score on how hard the stunt is in difficulty and it doesnt matter if a group comes down, your difficulty remains the same. You get a deduction for the fall and thats the only place it should be taken off. (At least this is how judges are instructed to judge on the varsity score sheet)

VIDEO PLEEEEAAASE:)

I don't have a video from that year (I cheered on JV seven years ago lol!), but the choreographer's name was Corey Deacon. I'm sure if you browse through a team he's done's nationals routine (granted VarsityTV didn't cut the sequence) it'll show up.

Stunts that annoy me ..... When they can be saved an someone in the group gives up .... Don't give up !! Fight for it you won't ever win if you never fight

I can't stand when level 3 teams single down from a prep, especially when the bases don't pop the flyer enough or the flyer has no idea how to twist properly.

I hate when tick tocks wobble or when they tick tock hits but the skill isnt perfected until the stunt is up there for about 5 seconds... and I also hate when I watch coed teams hit their partner stunts and some of them dip down a little bit and then press back up!

Quoting my old coach "I don't like straight cradles"
I hate smushes that are messy, and when flyers have their legs a million miles apart because their bases won't step together.

Sorry I keep thinking of things ! I ALSO dont like it when the music doesnt match stunts like ... when teams to their baskets.. the music has two sound effects insinuating either a kick kick double or a hitch kick double etc.. but they just do a plain old kick double and it doesnt match the music! drives me bonkers(cue british accent)

YES. Just, the angles that are created there are so awkward. I don't like it at all. Pretty much all of them are flexible enough to grab their feet, I don't know why they don't.

I wanted to add level 2 stunts where the flyer basically SITS on the backspots hand, like some kind of awkward chair sit. I spent some time in level 2 back in the day, and I realize those stunts are hard at prep level, especially for older girls. But I HATE seeing a flyer pull her stretch and stick her butt out so far that the backspot basically one mans the stunt to keep it from falling. What are you going to do when you move up a level and extend those stunts?
pulling a bow and arrow with your ankle is different than pulling a heel stretch with your ankle. In a bow and arrow you need more flexiblity to pull it with your ankle actually

Back