OT What To Do For A Sprained Back?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Apr 1, 2012
Ok you guys, I sprained/pulled my back last night. Yes, I know this could be really bad, but like most cheerleaders I refuse to go to the doctor for him just to tell me not to tumble, stunt, ect. (not that I would anyway). So what can I do at home for the next couple of days so I don't hurt it even worse??

Ice it. Stretch it. Take a week or two off. Putting stress on it will make it 10x worse. Your back is pretty important believe it or not and I know your coaches will understand your need for a break.

I think going to a doctor is very important as having a messed up back for life is terrible.

Two girls on my team went the whole season with "sprained backs" turned out they both had fractures in their back. You never know unless you are looked at.

I think going to a doctor is very important as having a messed up back for life is terrible.

Two girls on my team went the whole season with "sprained backs" turned out they both had fractures in their back. You never know unless you are looked at.
Yes. Absolutely go to the doctor.
He might tell you not to do anything for a week or so, but would you rather be told that now or at the height of competition season? I would also suggest going to a chiropractor if you can. He helped realign my back and gave me exercises to do to strengthen the muscles in my back and "prevent" injury from happening again.

i'm begging you to go to the doctor.. your back is nothing to mess with! i had a stress fracture in mine almost 2 years ago it was soo painful but we caught it early enough (by going to the doctor..) that i only had to sit out 2 months with physical therapy whereas people who caught it later had to sit out longer. one of my friends on another team refused to sit out when she got a stress fracture & has messed her back up so bad she will have severe back pain for the rest of her life until/if she decides to get surgery. PLEASE see a doctor before it gets worse!

you need to go to a doctor. your back is nothing to joke around with. i waited to go to the doctor for MONTHS when i hurt my back because i knew he would tell me to take a break. when i finally went i had a fracture, was out for way to long, and was in a brace for a few months. to this day i am still constantly in a lot of pain just because i wanted to finish out the season. it is not worth it and i am begging you to please get it checked out now before it gets worse.

Back