All-Star What Would You Consider A Mega Gym...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheercurl

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
Is it the number of children in a gym...or the number of gyms a program has? I would consider CA, Stingrays, ACE and CEA a Mega Gym. I think of WC and Twisters as a large gym but not a mega gym. I am not sure where Cali fits?

I'd consider Cali a "mega" gym. They have six locations and probably about the same number of athletes as CA, Stingrays, etc.

Why wouldn't Cali be consider a mega gym? The program has six gyms. They are the most consistent "big name gym" when it comes to their world teams (IMO CEA and ACE lack in this area). Their level 1-4 are just as good, nca is prove of that.

:chillpill: I don't think I realized they had 6 gyms...yes I would consider them a Mega Gym then. Large vs. Mega is not a judgement on how good they are or not. I guess I have been thinking a lot about this since I read the "Trending Mega Gym Thread".

Is it the number of children in a gym...or the number of gyms a program has? I would consider CA, Stingrays, ACE and CEA a Mega Gym. I think of WC and Twisters as a large gym but not a mega gym. I am not sure where Cali fits?
I consider "mega gyms" to have multiple locations. AKA Cali, CEA, and ACE. World Cup and twisters have one big location, and CA, rays, and top gun have one large gym with a smaller second location. But I would group CA and rays in the mega gyms

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Id also consider Cali a mega gym based on the fact that they are the best option really the only option on the west coast if you want to go to a gym to win worlds.

i think if a gym has multiple locations, and a team in most divisions then it can be called a Mega gym.

I would consider gyms such as Woodlands Elite a mega gym. They only not have a huge all star program, but their recreational program is outstanding. I would say the same for Cheer Athletics and Stingrays. Some of the other programs have great all star teams, but having good teams doesn't equal a mega gym. Many of those "big name" programs only have 1-2 floors, and not very large. Now if you said powerhouse all star teams, then the list would for sure be much larger.

Cali is probably the most "mega-gym" of all mega-gyms.... They won four worlds titles from 3 (I think) different locations... Lol. And more NCA titles this season than most gyms number of teams.
And I'd have to say Charlotte should be included on the list of mega-gyms, should they not?

I'd say it's a co0mbination of things, and this is the order I'd put them in:

1. Total athletes
2. Name recognition
3. Number of locations
4. NCA/Worlds titles

In my eyes, mega-gyms would be CEA (which I'm surprised none of y'all have mentioned considering most of you always complain about their expansion), Cali and ACE.

cheer Athletics may have the most medals and worlds rings, but they only have two locations. If you're going off the size of the program, I would say the ones listed above are huge. Cali has 6 and CEA and ACE have about what? 47 ;)

In my eyes, mega-gyms would be CEA (which I'm surprised none of y'all have mentioned considering most of you always complain about their expansion), Cali and ACE.

cheer Athletics may have the most medals and worlds rings, but they only have two locations. If you're going off the size of the program, I would say the ones listed above are huge. Cali has 6 and CEA and ACE have about what? 47 ;)
I mentioned CEA? :confused:

CA has over a thousand unique athletes on regular all star teams (not counting classes, prep teams, crossovers, or dance.) If that's not "mega", then you have some pretty high standards for that term.

Back