OT What Would You Do If Called Out On Fb?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

UKCheerdad

Cheer Parent
Feb 1, 2011
What would your reaction be if your gym/staff was called out on someone's Facebook page? Would you respond with a snarky comeback or just ignore it?

What if the person calling your gym/staff out was a staff member of another local gym?

What would your reaction be if your gym/staff was called out on someone's Facebook page? Would you respond with a snarky comeback or just ignore it?

What if the person calling your gym/staff out was a staff member of another local gym?

I'd personally ignore it. No good can come of getting into a Facebook/Twitter war.

If the gym management wants to respond to the comments, that's their prerogative.

Being on here for a long time I will tell you that responding harshly rarely ever works like you think it will. Ignoring something usually makes it go away faster and in rare cases would I ever respond.

If they have facts wrong, then I would say something. Otherwise, I would just let it go. It'll only add fuel to the fire.

Ignore...for people like that...it’s worse than anything snarky you can say plus...it is better to stay quiet and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.....:) I am sure they aren’t worth it and smart people will think them classless!

We are seasoned professionals at ignoring obnoxious, inaccurate and slanderous FB posts. The latest one that was posted TO our gyms page last week, I just deleted and banned the user.

I aspire to be like kingston

:D

Just because I naturally argue everything (it's a habit lol) I would probably get angry and reply negatively... Which has happened before and I can tell you it DOES NOT end well

this happened to my gym a couple of weeks ago. I went crazy on him but all in pm's. It was kind of a final straw though for me this coach and program has made fun of our special needs at multiple events and refuses to say anything nice to our program even though our kids always clap for them during awards. I am very admitted about that they work hard to. I would try and ignore it but if you can't keep it private. don't post anything where that any athletes or parents can see it.

this happened to my gym a couple of weeks ago. I went crazy on him but all in pm's. It was kind of a final straw though for me this coach and program has made fun of our special needs at multiple events and refuses to say anything nice to our program even though our kids always clap for them during awards. I am very admitted about that they work hard to. I would try and ignore it but if you can't keep it private. don't post anything where that any athletes or parents can see it.

Whoa, wait. He repeatedly makes fun of your SPECIAL NEEDS team? He deserves every piece of poop and vulgar language flown his way. That is just wrong on all levels.

Whoa, wait. He repeatedly makes fun of your SPECIAL NEEDS team? He deserves every piece of poop and vulgar language flown his way. That is just wrong on all levels.

I know its been hard of course when I called him on he denies all of it. But when I have multiple athletes coming and telling me what he says its hard to stay quiet. It was nice to say all the things that have built up over the past 6 years.

The best thing about him calling us out though it has motivated me so much and made me really look at my program and what needs to be changed. I've been so focused on fixing cheer in Idaho and not so much on my teams that it has affected them. It changed that and put the focus back on my gym and to stop worrying about everyone else. The staff is fired up, the kids our fired up, and the parents our fired up they all want to do the best that they can. This will be the best season to date!

I'm sorry, he makes fun of your special needs team? That is just straight up awful to do!!!!

Just because I naturally argue everything (it's a habit lol) I would probably get angry and reply negatively... Which has happened before and I can tell you it DOES NOT end well
I am just like this - I would normally retaliate and argue. I wish I were the peace-loving, forget-about-it kind of person, but oh well.

Was simply curious as to what the majority would do/say.
The situation is this: the "new" gym owners left an existing gym to begin their gym.
The "new" gym owners had wanted to open a gym under the leadership of the "old" gym owners but they were denied time and again. So they got their own financing, left the "old" gym and opened their own gym.

The "old" gym owners/staff didn't like it and won't even speak to the "new" gym owners/staff. Now some staff of the "old" gym are posting some negative things on FB. Not really saying slanderous things, but sniping about the "new" gym and staff. Its really quite humorous to see the "old" gym staff acting jealous and treating their former "freinds" with such rudeness... Oh the drama!

Express train to hell. First class.

Back