All-Star What Would You Rather See In A Level Two Routine?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 10, 2010
i have a small senior level 2 team made up of 17 girls.
we have 11 standing handsprings, 13 running handsprings.
quadruple jump combo connected to a forward roll (pike, front, toe, toe, forward roll)
4 quarter ups to extenstion, cradle. one high to high tick tock, 3 switch ups.
3 body positions.
5 single bases (one is a switch up)
4 tosses connected to log rolls.
two "release" moves in the pyramid, we hit 2 structures.

would you rather see 10 girls throwing round off handsprings together. and then breaking into combo passes.
4 solid switch ups to stretch instead of lib.
triple jump combo, then a standing handspring.

we have a little over a month to redo our routine... and i would like to max the score sheet out a little more. what would you prefer to see? :))
and P.S. if it matters, all of these stunts hit, but the harder ones can get a tad loose at some points!

Add the difficulty but remember execution. I would MUCH rather see beautiful switch ups to lib than shaky switch ups to stretch.

wait how do you swich up to lib in level 2?
isnt that a level 4 skill?
Sorry I must not know the rules as well as I though lol, I must be missing somthing, :confused:
But if the switch ups to stretch work, heck! go for them! Execution will come with time and repetition! :)

wait how do you swich up to lib in level 2?
isnt that a level 4 skill?
Sorry I must not know the rules as well as I though lol, I must be missing somthing, :confused:
But if the switch ups to stretch work, heck! go for them! Execution will come with time and repetition! :)

The backspot maintains contact the whole time so it's not a true switch up like what you would see in level 4. It's just like the tick tocks in level two where the backspot maintains contact.

I feel like jumps to a forward roll would look a little messy, the better option would be to jump then pause, backhandspring, imo.

i have a small senior level 2 team made up of 17 girls.
we have 11 standing handsprings, 13 running handsprings.
quadruple jump combo connected to a forward roll (pike, front, toe, toe, forward roll)
4 quarter ups to extenstion, cradle. one high to high tick tock, 3 switch ups.
3 body positions.
5 single bases (one is a switch up)
4 tosses connected to log rolls.
two "release" moves in the pyramid, we hit 2 structures.

would you rather see 10 girls throwing round off handsprings together. and then breaking into combo passes.
4 solid switch ups to stretch instead of lib.
triple jump combo, then a standing handspring.

we have a little over a month to redo our routine... and i would like to max the score sheet out a little more. what would you prefer to see? :))
and P.S. if it matters, all of these stunts hit, but the harder ones can get a tad loose at some points!
If you can make it look clean, i'd say keep the roll, and then try to connect the roll with the handspring. I was told connecting a level 1 skill like a roll or a walkover with a level 2 skill will max out points in standing tumbling. And rolling out of your jumps will help your jump score too! Good luck! I love level 2 its my favorite :)

i think that the switch to stretch would be good. I was on a jr. 2 last year and we did a switch to stretch and we got a lot of points for it on the score sheet.

I say go with the 3 jumps to standing handspring and then maybe put the forward roll or back walkover backhandpspring somewhere else in the routine :)

thank you all for your input!! we will be adding in the more difficult partner stunts and using the triple jump to handspring!

Back