All-Star What's A Scorpian?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How about substituting a "q" for a "g"? Like "qoinq tew da mall widf ma frenz" I see this on facebook all of the time. I want to say "That isn't cute, it's illiterate." lol
Oh my gosh this kills me! What the heck does qoinq mean? There are no O's after Q's! What is this? My teammates make fun of me because I go crazy over stuff like this.

How about substituting a "q" for a "g"? Like "qoinq tew da mall widf ma frenz" I see this on facebook all of the time. I want to say "That isn't cute, it's illiterate." lol

On the bright side its actually not illiterate...its more along the lines of aliterate (being able to read/write/spell but being uninterested in doing so.) Sorry, I'm a librarian and we're some of the few people that actually care/know the difference.

So since we're talking about how people should use proper grammar, shouldn't your user name be "number 1 stunter/stunner" or "FamousMom"?

I'm from the south so no one expects us to know how to spell or speak correctly... sooo who am I to judge haha. But I understand your frustrations :)

Sorry to completely change the topic, but since this thread is already straying from the subject of cheerleading - have you seen the film "Paperclips"? My friend and I recently watched it and noticed how the guy kept using "We're from the south" as a sort of excuse/explanation for a lot of things. Not a criticism or anything, just an observation I thought was interesting since this is the second time I've seen someone from the south make this generalization :)

Back on topic - I don't really expect everybody to use perfect grammar/spelling, especially in such an informal environment as the internet, but I do consider it a common courtesy to put at least a minimum amount of effort into displaying the skills that so many of my tax dollars go to teaching you. Spelling "scorpion" wrong isn't a big deal to me - I'm not that much of a spelling nazi - but it does bother me a bit when we get into "you're/your", "to/two", "musiiq/music", etc. simply because it appears to be a degradation of values. Please show a little respect to yourself and others by not looking like an idiot.

since you brought up this topic, I have a question regarding posts on this very board.

When someone says "that routine is amazinggggg", is that amazing to the power of 4? is it twice as amazing as amazingg, which is only amazing squared.

Any help would be appreciated, this way I can decipher which teams are the most amazing or amazinggg

since you brought up this topic, I have a question regarding posts on this very board.

When someone says "that routine is amazinggggg", is that amazing to the power of 4? is it twice as amazing as amazingg, which is only amazing squared.

Any help would be appreciated, this way I can decipher which teams are the most amazing or amazinggg
amazinggggg is better than amazinggg which is better than amazingg and so on,

BUT............if you're really really really good, its AH-MAZINGGGG

Glad I could help!

also, I'm sure this has been used somewhere, should HAVE not should OF!
and I'm glad you posted this thread, because I have found myself far too often spelling it with an "a" not remembering whether it was an "a" or an "o"

One or two spelling mishaps in a post or status I can oversee, but when it comes to be almost every other word is misspelled, like, come on. Just take the time to reread. It takes three seconds. Can some people REALLY not even tell that your words are misspelled?

That's why I LOVE having my Mac. It spell checks :)

I am a spelling/grammar freak: my mother bought me a book one Christmas called 'The Dictionary of Disagreeable English.' Basically spells out when similar words should be used (such as effect/affect) and lists phrases/misspellings that are incorrect. And I love it..

What is really sad is when people who are not native speakers pronounce/spell words better than people who are. I have a friend who I banned from using my laptop after she kept writing things like 'Ii miss you soooooooooooo mucchh' and 'I lovvee yuuuu' on facebook chat. It literally BURNS. I don't care how well-thought-out your argument is: if I can't read it, I automatically dismiss it. I will not take your seriously if you have GRATUITOUS spelling/grammar mistakes. One word or so? Fine. But nott wen uu spel lykke dis.

Back