All-Star What's A Scorpian?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

also.
couldn't care less
not could care less
unless your intention is to indicate that it is truly possible for you to care less..
just saying, I thought usually it was used when it was not possible for you to care less

I just died at this one and had to share...
roundolph
Yes. As in a ROUND OFF back handspring.
hahahahahahaha

not trying to be rude to the poster whatsoever. just thought it was hilarious, and fit into this topic well :)

I just died at this one and had to share...
roundolph
Yes. As in a ROUND OFF back handspring.
hahahahahahaha

not trying to be rude to the poster whatsoever. just thought it was hilarious, and fit into this topic well :)

hahaha.... I definitely saw that and was SO tempted to say something, but I think she mentioned being on a junior team so I restrained myself lol

So since we're talking about how people should use proper grammar, shouldn't your user name be "number 1 stunter/stunner" or "FamousMom"?

no...and i'll tell you why :) 1. that would be boring and unoriginal. 2. it's called linguistics...or more specifically portmanteau (combining of two words to make a new word) in my own little way of course :) FAME + US + MOM = FameUsM0m which is why i capitalized the first letter of each word ;-) you asked lol.

using multiple "ii" and "q" instead of "g" just makes it look like the person is covering up for the fact that they can't spell...or that they're just trying to be cute. IMO it just makes them look much less mature than they probably are...but again...it's just MY opinion :)

How about substituting a "q" for a "g"? Like "qoinq tew da mall widf ma frenz" I see this on facebook all of the time. I want to say "That isn't cute, it's illiterate." lol

ARGH! I thought I was alone in my quest for proper grammar. It makes me want to hop through my computer screen and slap the person that wrote "qoin tew da mall tew bi sumfin 4 mi grandma". Why is it so hard for people to write the right way? I'm no rocket scientist and I'm sure I've misspelled a word or two, but I wouldn't dare post something like that. It takes about 0.2 second to Google the proper spelling of a word.

Here's my beef.....
If you can't spell properly, how do you intend on getting a professional job? It's a huge pet peeve of mine when reading through resumes and seeing easy words misspelled.

Also... I don't know why people want to appear uneducated. If you legitimately don't know how to spell a word, then that is fine, but when you spell everything incorrectly, it just makes me think you are stupid. (And not the funny stupid that you call a friend because they didn't understand a joke. I mean stupid like you shouldn't have graduated grade school and should probably work at McDonald's)

If you have a character limit and that's why you're shortening words, just SAY LESS. Until our culture makes it 'cool' to be educated (and to SOUND educated), spelling isn't going to be a primary focus. We're not falling on the international education scale for nothing.. Didn't they add some word Lil John used to say to the dictionary? Or some word by a hip-hop/rap artist (another awful case of sloppy spelling, don't get me started!)..

I think it is super cool to be educated. I can barely stand having conversations with people who can't form proper sentences.

I think it is super cool to be educated. I can barely stand having conversations with people who can't form proper sentences.

Woo! I second this post, big time. There are a handful of people I knw that have that issue and it drives me nuts...I don't know how they made it into college/get jobs. If they talk like that, imagine what their writing is like?! Yikes! I guess some people think it is cooler to "slang talk"...I find it extremely difficult to carry on a decent conversation with someone like this haha nonetheless grade a paper when you can't even decipher what they are trying to say! This brings me to a story..I was talking to this awesome guy a few years ago, sadly enough we never dated because I could not stand the fact that he always typed/texted a few words wrong--said-"sed" and good--"gud" what-"wut" when-"wen" Sorry..IMO that is not classy at all, go find a girl who thinks that's cute. haha

Woo! I second this post, big time. There are a handful of people I knw that have that issue and it drives me nuts...I don't know how they made it into college/get jobs. If they talk like that, imagine what their writing is like?! Yikes! I guess some people think it is cooler to "slang talk"...I find it extremely difficult to carry on a decent conversation with someone like this haha nonetheless grade a paper when you can't even decipher what they are trying to say! This brings me to a story..I was talking to this awesome guy a few years ago, sadly enough we never dated because I could not stand the fact that he always typed/texted a few words wrong--said-"sed" and good--"gud" what-"wut" when-"wen" Sorry..IMO that is not classy at all, go find a girl who thinks that's cute. haha

Lauren. I completely understand where you're coming from about the guy you were talking to. The funny thing is when they ask you why you won't date them and you say because of the way they text. They think it's the dumbest reason and just don't understand that when a girl reads texts from guys that have improper spelling and horrible grammar, it's not attractive.

using multiple "ii" and "q" instead of "g" just makes it look like the person is covering up for the fact that they can't spell...or that they're just trying to be cute. IMO it just makes them look much less mature than they probably are...but again...it's just MY opinion :)

Would my board name fall into the category of "Annoying Uses of Multiple Letters"? :)

oooooooh this brought up another pet peeve...i have a male friend who always types "da" for "the" and "dat" for "that" seriously?

Back