College What's The Difference Between Ncata And Stunt?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No, it is only all-girl. Maybe in the future, but I wouldn't hold my breath about it. This is from the FAQ's of the NCATA website:
"Q: Could this be a co-ed sport?

A: The NCATA’s mission is to bring Acrobatics and Tumbling to women’s emerging sport status. There is a possibility the sport could develop at different levels as a co-ed sport, but that is not the goal or intent of NCATA."

That statement is for A&T. They where asking about STUNT and i am not sure if STUNT is coed.

That statement is for A&T. They where asking about STUNT and i am not sure if STUNT is coed.
Haha, whoops. STUNT isn't coed either, probably for the same reason A&T isn't coed, since they were both created for pretty much the same purpose.

I wouldn't say... the EXACT same purpose...
Eh, I mean they both state their goal is to become an NCAA sanctioned sport for females at the college level with compliance to title 9. While STUNT is super recognizable as cheerleading, A&T is kind of a mix of gymnastics and cheerleading. Also very important, A&T came first then STUNT showed up a few years later and is a "big V" creation, so they might have a few more reasons to enter the scene.

Eh, I mean they both state their goal is to become an NCAA sanctioned sport for females at the college level with compliance to title 9. While STUNT is super recognizable as cheerleading, A&T is kind of a mix of gymnastics and cheerleading. Also very important, A&T came first then STUNT showed up a few years later and is a "big V" creation, so they might have a few more reasons to enter the scene.

You can go to all the official athletic websites of all 13 teams and see them listed under Women's Sports. Great article on the Baylor and Oregon meet last night:Felecia Mulkey's return, Oregon's loss to Baylor signifies victory for the sport of acrobatics and tumbling - Emerald Media

You can go to all the official athletic websites of all 13 teams and see them listed under Women's Sports. Great article on the Baylor and Oregon meet last night:Felecia Mulkey's return, Oregon's loss to Baylor signifies victory for the sport of acrobatics and tumbling - Emerald Media
Yeah, there definitely seems to be a huge difference between how STUNT teams vs A&T teams are treated. A lot of STUNT teams are the schools cheer teams whereas A&T teams are completely separate from their schools cheer team and you cannot do sideline and/or comp cheer while doing A&T. But the sports themselves were created for the same purpose. One is just much more successful than the other while the other happens to have more schools participation.

Yeah, there definitely seems to be a huge difference between how STUNT teams vs A&T teams are treated. A lot of STUNT teams are the schools cheer teams whereas A&T teams are completely separate from their schools cheer team and you cannot do sideline and/or comp cheer while doing A&T. But the sports themselves were created for the same purpose. One is just much more successful than the other while the other happens to have more schools participation.

More participation?

Back