All-Star Whats The T?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 2, 2010
So I have always been told there are no such thing as a stupid question.
SOOO...

What is the T?

We all have heard it in TG's Lrg Coed mix and think the VO says it in panthers..

I like to think they are talking about the perfect T motion.. But what is the T?

Help:)

So I have always been told there are no such thing as a stupid question.
SOOO...

What is the T?

We all have heard it in TG's Lrg Coed mix and think the VO says it in panthers..

I like to think they are talking about the perfect T motion.. But what is the T?

Help:)
are you talking about the song that has that verse in it?

xtremeteal4life I am not sure what your referring too?

TG" Yes hunny that was the T TOP GUN you just gave it to me"

Panthers "Whats the T" sounds the a verse from a song..

The term originated in Black Gay culture circa 1970-1989 that indicated some one was the "T"alk of the "T"own, hence the "T". The term was often used by female impersonators to describe a fellow impersonator that did an exceptionally good job on stage in a live lip syncipated performance which was talked about in the gay circles for long periods of time. The term grew to define any memorable person whos actions were or would soon be largely talked about in the gay circles. Also a person who was popular in the gay comunity would be talked about may have been refered to as The "T"

The term originated in Black Gay culture circa 1970-1989 that indicated some one was the "T"alk of the "T"own, hence the "T". The term was often used by female impersonators to describe a fellow impersonator that did an exceptionally good job on stage in a live lip syncipated performance which was talked about in the gay circles for long periods of time. The term grew to define any memorable person whos actions were or would soon be largely talked about in the gay circles. Also a person who was popular in the gay comunity would be talked about may have been refered to as The "T"
some one is up to date on there knowledge!

Wow thanks I had no clue either!! From Bill Nye: "NOW YOU KNOW" :)

This should go in the wiki.

wow - i had no idea so thanks for the enlightenment! lol indy/majors/aca weekend I was browsing twitter and a few panthers had "panthers are the TEA" maybe we should forward this info to them :p

Jersey Devils actually had this in their mix the last time they were sr 5. I think like 2 years ago.

The phrase isn't anything new. It's just come to new light with the use of this song on SYTYCD (and the dance was fab); and with teams this year using that song.

It was the same thing with Hey Girl Hey. It had been around for about 5 years. But everyone just learned what it was from starlites.

umm... well it means what was said already as well but that's not all it means. I forgot where I read it to help me better explain it and I can't seem to find it anymore but originally in the South women in the past (I believe it was black women?) would meet over tea to discuss the latest drama and going's-on and over time the phrase "what is the tea?" came about...

so get it? what is the tea also means like "what's up, what's the drama"? etc...

and it originated with black women and THEN the gay community started using it for their meanings.

Back