What's The Trick To A Tuck?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 18, 2012
I have it but I wont throw it alone because one time with a spot I mess up. Mentallllll blockkkk. Help!!!

Remember to set up, and not jump back. Also, pull your knees in tight and quick. Your knees are the driving force for your tuck so if you don't tuck in enough or fast enough, it slows down your rotation and you're less likely to land on your feet.

That set is so key, not just for the tuck but for every skill which comes after.
I shimmy you a thousand times. That is exactly right. Stand up, set tall, reach (arms by your ears) and although it's called a "back" tuck, your momentum has to go UP not back. If its going back you're throwing your head.

You can only ride up if you SPOT. So find something on the wall in front of you set, set while staring at it with arms in full extension and snap your knees up to your chest. Gotta have abs. Think about pulling your knees UP to your hands, not bringing your hands down to your knees to get it around.

But if you throw your head, it's done. Spot, set, ride, pull.

And as CheerBank said, that's the same set for layouts, fulls, doubles, standing fulls etc. so if you perfect nothing else, perfect the set.

are you working your standing or running? i've got a mental block with standing and when my coach doesn't spot me i freak out too. but i have my running so i can maybe help you with that?

Back