All-Star When And Where Do You Practice New Skills

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Katybugmom

Cheer Parent
Jan 5, 2011
My child finally got a new skill but it is not in her routine so she doesn't get to practice it during her 5 hours at the gym with the team. She got the skill through privates but I don't really want to keep paying high dollar for privates when all she needs is floor space to practice. Where and when do you practice new skills? We don't have open gyms :(

some people tumble at a separate gym. maybe find one thats closer to your house/ has open gyms/ has cheaper privates?

my gym is the same with WorkToWin,
as long as you are an allstar, there is an open gym policy to come whenever you want

Wish we had that, it would be awesome
it really is! if a kid is struggling with a specific tumbling skill they can just come in, work where ever they need to, and work extra. also if one stunt group needs extra practice they can just meet early. it helps me SOO much because I am just not a natural, so I spend usually an extra hour before practices and come in on the days I don't have practice and just work on what I need to.

it really is! if a kid is struggling with a specific tumbling skill they can just come in, work where ever they need to, and work extra. also if one stunt group needs extra practice they can just meet early. it helps me SOO much because I am just not a natural, so I spend usually an extra hour before practices and come in on the days I don't have practice and just work on what I need to.
I am looking for a place for my kid to practice so she doesn't lose her skills but i don't want to go to another gym and have bad coaches influence her or my coaches think I am a traitor

I am looking for a place for my kid to practice so she doesn't lose her skills but i don't want to go to another gym and have bad coaches influence her or my coaches think I am a traitor
maybe you could talk to the owner about just letting her come in and work on her own? Also tumbling classes are cheaper than privates, if that could be an option.

How do the kids ever progress if they never work on new skills during team practices and can't come in to practice on their own? JW.

Latest posts

Back