All-Star When Do Your Teams Learn Their Routine?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
When does your choreography start? When does your team learn their routine? How long after that do you compete your routine?

My 2 CP's will start choreography July 27th. We don't have the comp. schedule yet, but I have heard we will start competing around Nov. 1 st.

Choreography is the last 2 weeks of July, with the first comp November 4th (I think).
The entire routine is usually put together by the end of chore camp, but changes throughout the year.

Choreography is the last 2 weeks of July, with the first comp November 4th (I think).
The entire routine is usually put together by the end of chore camp, but changes throughout the year.

That is really similar to us! :)

choreography is late july-early august, and that is when our hip hop teams learn their routine. cheer gets the basis of their routine, stunt sequence and pyramid etc. we learn our motions and dance at the end of august. we compete early november.

We learn our first chunk of the routine in mid July, so usually an opening, some sort of standing tumbling, first stunt and either jumps or a tumble pass, not necessarily in that order. Then the second chunk comes in late August/mid September. But we typically don't start competing until mid to late December, though this season may be different, we don't have comp schedules yet

The kids typically have choreography camp in mid August. They start competing early December.

When does your choreography start? When does your team learn their routine? How long after that do you compete your routine?
My cp starts choreography week mid August and they learn the routine, which most of the time it changes a lot during competition season, particularly before NCA... They also, have a separate 2 days of both dance and pyramid sessions in September to learn that part of the routine and they have their kick-off during Nov. and 1st competition, the 1st Saturday in December... Woo Hoo!

We're starting on our routine, its mostly our coach trying out different things. We so far have opening to jumps to stunt series figured out, and our pyramid is "thought out" but we havent actually done it yet. Our skills/choreography camp is next week i think? or maybe the week after....Our showcase is in December i think.

We had choreography June 8th and the days following it. We have seen the whole routine already.

We compete mid October.

We have a showcase at some point before that. This year we are actually renting a place out and having a big showcase! It is so hard to fit everyone in the gym when we have showcases that no one really gets a good look because of the layout and we don't really have room for any other parents that aren't parents of the team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had choreography June 8th and the days following it. We have seen the whole routine already.

We compete mid October.

We have a showcase at some point before that. This year we are actually renting a place out and having a big showcase! It is so hard to fit everyone in the gym when we have showcases that no one really gets a good look because of the layout and we don't really have room for any other parents that aren't parents of the team!

Wow! You guys already have the whole routine down! That is crazy! :)

Wow! You guys already have the whole routine down! That is crazy! :)
Normally we have been a mid July choreo kind of gym but they wanted all our choreographers to come as soon as they could in June. We want to be 100% ready for our first summit bid comp since we are getting an early start on bids:)

Normally we have been a mid July choreo kind of gym but they wanted all our choreographers to come as soon as they could in June. We want to be 100% ready for our first summit bid comp since we are getting an early start on bids:)

Is your gym still set on full paid bids only? I'm still upset that your daughters team got multiple at larges, but could never get that full paid!

I wish there was a way to follow and track teams, look at when they were formed, beginning skill sets, when choreography and routines were set, how many full outs were ran each practice, number/hour of practices, and conditioning routines to see if there is a mathematical / statistical method to highest percentages of wins! LOL Of course there are way to many factors to make that work!

Is your gym still set on full paid bids only? I'm still upset that your daughters team got multiple at larges, but could never get that full paid!
No this year everyone that gets a bid is going:) Trust me we were so upset .. Like we got an at large at every single competition. Maybe summit should have a trade in 5 at larges equal 1 paid. Just saying! Lol They wanted us to go badly and think we would have done well. We wanted the paid NCA bid the most but being 3rd in line for the only 2 paids was the biggest let down for all the girls! My daughter messed up on day 2 at NCA and although we scored extremely well I can't help but wonder if her mistake caused us to lose the bid. Ohhh well...

The good news is we are going to a huge amount of summit bid comps this year. We are getting an earlier start and will have competed quite a few times by the first good summit comp. They think we will all get paids but just in case what happened to our j2 last year happens this year they will allow us to go and parents know about it a year in advance. Lol

Back