All-Star When To Walk Away

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wish you the best of luck. Just know that even at a bigger gym you're not guaranteed to make a higher level team, especially if your tumbling isn't at the level of the team you want to be on.

I'm not too bothered about making a higher team as their lowest is either going to be senior 2 or 3 also I want to go to a bigger gym as it is more organised and has a lot more oppuntunities such as tumbling classes and private lessons and their own facility

Don't quit team before the season is over...it's poor sportsmanship, not to mention rude. But by all means find a more suitable situation for yourself next season.

I was given the option by the coach also when you have paid a lot of money and haven't received what was stated I think I do have a right to leave but I am not going to

I have just had practice and I honestly thought I was going to stick it out but now I am not so sure. I am going on vacation so have 2 weeks off to make my mind up I have also told my coach I don't know about nationals.

I have just had practice and I honestly thought I was going to stick it out but now I am not so sure. I am going on vacation so have 2 weeks off to make my mind up I have also told my coach I don't know about nationals.

I'm sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed the 2 weeks off help.

I like this post. I feel I am in a transitional period as well when it comes to still wanting to cheer and moving on in life. I coach 5 teams at a small gym which I love and have been doing for 6+ years now. I got hurt and tore my acl the night before we left for worlds this past year at CA showoff. Not getting to compete at worlds after working so hard all season long and sacrificing so much just to be able to cheer and then getting hurt has really put a lot of things in to perspective for me. The acl recovery hasnt been easy and I wouldnt be able to be released till decemberish.

I suppose ill just have to wait and see where I am in life at the end of this recovery.

I like this post. I feel I am in a transitional period as well when it comes to still wanting to cheer and moving on in life. I coach 5 teams at a small gym which I love and have been doing for 6+ years now. I got hurt and tore my acl the night before we left for worlds this past year at CA showoff. Not getting to compete at worlds after working so hard all season long and sacrificing so much just to be able to cheer and then getting hurt has really put a lot of things in to perspective for me. The acl recovery hasnt been easy and I wouldnt be able to be released till decemberish.

I suppose ill just have to wait and see where I am in life at the end of this recovery.
Awww! I am so sorry to hear about your injury and I am wishing for you a rapid recovery...

Well I did the competition and can safely say I am happy to be finished with this team. I made the informed choice to stay near the venue and not travel with my team as they were staying an hour away and our call time was 7.10am for warm up.... they arrived 2 mins before warm up with no make up on as they didnt think they needed it and hair not really done safe to say we were a mess.

I got hurt in warm up went a flyers full weight landed on my shin as I lost balance but tried to cushion her fall from a straddle sit. Then got kicked and bit my lip and bruised my jaw. I was in pain but none of my team helped me so I skipped play back, told them I am going to get ice and went to the first aid room just to get some ice then they all went and didnt see them till 6 hours later for awards asking where I had been. When I no one told me anything.

The life savers of this event though were my team mates from my old team I got to hang out and speak to them about the problems that day and just have a friendly face. My old coach came up to me after my perfomance saw I was upset and gave me a massive hug.

So a very long day we came 9th out of 11 which considering it wasn't that great I was happy.

I now have been approached by my dance teacher asking me to do some cheer classes for them as I am qualified level 1 -2 so on to new pastures

Sorry the day sucked overall. I'm glad the season is over now for you and you've got some great things coming up to move on to, from the sounds of it. Good luck with the dance stuff too!!

Back