All-Star When/what Month Does Your Team Do Choreography For Next Year's Routine?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lol that's where ours come from to is Top Gun and WC. I believe your gym if I remember correctly is also a allstar game gold bid recipient. They obviously are doing something right! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, we are a Gold Bid recepient. Thank you! As my oldest CP said (who aged out this year), with our head coach, he is always tweaking the routine-I know he dreams of these in his sleep-his creativity is pretty amazing. They are all good friends which is really cool that they always want each program to succeed-large or small.

We start this weekend & it goes on for 3 weeks. Everyone is spread out with certain times/ days for each team. I have 24 hours total of choreo on 8/8,8/9,8/10&8/11 for my two teams (I have 4.2 the first 2 days & senior 3 the second two) & this will be my 3rd weekend in a row attending cheer camp. (Last weekend with my varsity hs squad, this coming weekend I'm filling in for Jv at their camp & then choreo the weekend after) with Tuesday 8/12 to sleep & get ready for my first day of senior year on 8/13 :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Since I live in Canada our competition season will start at the end of January. We usually have choreography for our routine in October.

Since I live in Canada our competition season will start at the end of January. We usually have choreography for our routine in October.
That's not a Canadian thing. I'm assuming you live in an area or province where there aren't a lot of cheer programs? I live in Ontario and our competition season doesn't start at the end of January.

Maybe the west side? Many teams in the PNW do choreography in August (my child's gym starts next week) because of the lack of local comps until January. I'm not sure when our first comp is, but I think the second half of the month.

Okay, this brings up another question.
Why do international teams have a different season? Not so much canada since it's pretty similar, but Australia and Europe both have seasons that extend past worlds and start later in the year. Does it coincide with their school year or something (genuinely not sure if theirs is different)? I understand they're in a different country but for gyms that bring teams to Worlds, NCA, or UCA, wouldn't it be more beneficial to just sync theirs with ours so they have more time to prepare?

That's not a Canadian thing. I'm assuming you live in an area or province where there aren't a lot of cheer programs? I live in Ontario and our competition season doesn't start at the end of January.

In the west it starts later. Although a girl in Nova Scotia said her competition season also starts at the end of January. I believe in the bigger provinces it starts at the same time as the United States.

Okay, this brings up another question.
Why do international teams have a different season? Not so much canada since it's pretty similar, but Australia and Europe both have seasons that extend past worlds and start later in the year. Does it coincide with their school year or something (genuinely not sure if theirs is different)? I understand they're in a different country but for gyms that bring teams to Worlds, NCA, or UCA, wouldn't it be more beneficial to just sync theirs with ours so they have more time to prepare?

Our seasons don't differ THAT much in the UK, they just finish a little later, coinciding with the end of the academic year (mid July). The earliest comp I know of usually runs in October half term; though I never competed earlier than late January owing to the fact that University doesn't start until the end of September, so Uni teams (which often compete alongside all star) don't have a lot of time to perfect a new routine and more often than not teach newcomers everything they can about the sport.

Also, Nationals in Bournemouth which is usually the last 'big' comp, is by the seaside and Britain doesn't see sun if any till June lol. Not many people can make it to worlds and even then they might not find themselves truly competitive. Changing our season to make Worlds the last comp of the season might be a bit of an anticlimax for the majority of the industry in the UK. Just my opinion though.

Edited to sort out my Grammatical errors, eek!

Last edited:
Our seasons don't differ THAT much in the UK, they just finish a little later, coinciding with the end of the academic year (mid July). The earliest comp I know of usually runs in October half term though I never competed earlier than late January owing to the fact that University doesn't start until the end of September so Uni teams (which often compete alongside all star) don't have a lot of time to perfect a new routine and more often than not teach newcomers everything they can about the sport.

Also, Nationals in Bournemouth which is usually the last 'big' comp is by the seaside and Britain doesn't see sun if any till June lol. Not many people can make it to worlds and even then they might not find themselves truly competitive. Changing our season to make Worlds the last comp of the season might be a bit of an anticlimax for the majority of the industry in the UK. Just my opinion though.
Sorry for getting off topic, but can I ask what the academic year is in the UK? I know it does vary somewhat state to state here, I'm just curious to know the difference.

Sorry for getting off topic, but can I ask what the academic year is in the UK? I know it does vary somewhat state to state here, I'm just curious to know the difference.

Sure. For 5-16/18yrs old we work in 12 week terms with a week break in the middle (half term).
So you'd start early/mid September and break up mid/late October, then resume for another 6 weeks and break up for Christmas (two/three week holiday).
The term after Christmas is usually shorter because we have a two week break around Easter which always changes, so sometimes you can be in school for only 5 weeks before another half term holiday, and then 5 weeks again before Easter.
And then 6 weeks, half term, 6 weeks and the Summer break which is 6/7 weeks long.

Uni is slightly different; starts later, finishes earlier and no half terms but Summer and Christmas is longer. Some subjects get reading weeks.

There was probably a much less long winded way to explain that haha

Sure. For 5-16/18yrs old we work in 12 week terms with a week break in the middle (half term).
So you'd start early/mid September and break up mid/late October, then resume for another 6 weeks and break up for Christmas (two/three week holiday).
The term after Christmas is usually shorter because we have a two week break around Easter which always changes, so sometimes you can be in school for only 5 weeks before another half term holiday, and then 5 weeks again before Easter.
And then 6 weeks, half term, 6 weeks and the Summer break which is 6/7 weeks long.

Uni is slightly different; starts later, finishes earlier and no half terms but Summer and Christmas is longer. Some subjects get reading weeks.

There was probably a much less long winded way to explain that haha
I think I would have liked that so much more than how it is done here. I'd rather have more breaks throughout the year than just one long summer break. Though, I think a couple places here do it like that as well.

normally we have choreo early/mid-august but this year we choreographed most of our teams mid-july and two teams have choreo this week. we feel its gives us a better competitive edge to have more time to prepare.

I think I would have liked that so much more than how it is done here. I'd rather have more breaks throughout the year than just one long summer break. Though, I think a couple places here do it like that as well.

Trust me, I used to yearn for a move to America for a long summer and spring break etc etc... then my Aunt and cousins visited from NYC and crushed all dreams. Don't get me started on how early you guys get up for school, and the amount of annual leave some people get when they get into full time work. I appreciated lil ol London much more then.

Our seasons don't differ THAT much in the UK, they just finish a little later, coinciding with the end of the academic year (mid July). The earliest comp I know of usually runs in October half term though I never competed earlier than late January owing to the fact that University doesn't start until the end of September so Uni teams (which often compete alongside all star) don't have a lot of time to perfect a new routine and more often than not teach newcomers everything they can about the sport.

Also, Nationals in Bournemouth which is usually the last 'big' comp is by the seaside and Britain doesn't see sun if any till June lol. Not many people can make it to worlds and even then they might not find themselves truly competitive. Changing our season to make Worlds the last comp of the season might be a bit of an anticlimax for the majority of the industry in the UK. Just my opinion though.

Just though I'd add to this at Bournemouth nationals there were 481 teams competing across cheer and dance across cheer and dance only around 20 go to worlds so it doesnt make sense to revolve our whole season around those 20 teams. It is bad enough that the only 2 day comp (ICC) is now only 2 day for world eligible teams

Back