All-Star Where Do You Get The Most Skills?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Where Do You Get the Most Skills?

• Total voters
Jul 12, 2012
Because I'm feeling curious today. :) Do you tend to get most of your skills at practice, open gym, privates or someplace else?

I haven't done steady classes tumbling in awhile I think classes or practice. Private lessons definitely helped me achieve new skills but pretty much ever time I ever threw a new skill by myself for the first time it was during a tumbling class or practice.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Definetly privates, open gym has little kids, some not in cheer, running around, and just playing on tumble track. During practice we dont always get to throw new or advanced skills, just routine skills

Skill classes that the gym holds between the end of the season and tryouts; tumble class throughout the year; clinics and privates. I find that cp advances most during the summer because that is when there is a little more leeway for the coaches to teach and work new skills to see if/how they can be used in the routines for the season.

From a coaching standpoint, I've always seen the most growth in tumbling classes or privates. Practice is practice for the routine and routine related skills. You generally are not going to see new skill gains if all you're doing is tumbling in practice.

Kids gain the most in my eyes when you see them either 1:1 or in a class (not open tumbling, but the tumbling classes that we have set aside for kids by skill.)

PSA for kids: If your gym has tumbling classes, go. If you have the opportunity for privates, go. The kids in privates and attending tumbling are the ones who typically are getting skills.

For me I voted for privates and other because I can work on a skill for weeks and get it in one private! Other because I will go on my trampoline to learn new skills!

For me I voted for privates and other because I can work on a skill for weeks and get it in one private! Other because I will go on my trampoline to learn new skills!

Love the trampoline! I've also always had immense success with privates for tumbling. I work very well one-on-one as I really like to know exactly what's happening and there isn't usually time for that in a class setting. For me, if I can see it in my head and know what's expected of my body, I can do it.

Depends on the skill. Stunting, at practice, since we obviously work our skills more. I usually work a lot of tumbling in practice, but tend to get more skills in my tumbling classes or occasional privates.

For tumbling CP benefited most from privates and open tumbling with the coaches.

Summertime tumbling classes were also really good as the coaches did more to advance the kids while trying to figure out what tumbling passes to use.

For stunting it was general team practices and the occasional stunt class when someone wanted to play around.

Pretending to be a parent since 1993

I voted privates for tumbling and practice for stunting. As someone said above, the kids progressing are the ones who most likely (but not always) doing privates.

^^^^It's true.

It's always the kid who ONLY tumbles at practice who has the pouty face when Suzie gets her running tuck, not realizing that Suzie is taking the L3 class and an hour a week of privates.

Your tumbling will generally always reflect the amount of time you put into it.

Same with stunting.

Don't side-eye Suzie because she's tick tocking solidly and your coach just downgraded your tick tock to a regular stretch because it gives her anxiety. Suzie and her group have been in stunting class and privates 2x a week while you're just tick tocking in practice.

Back